Freestyle Test ride ettiquette(and common sense!)

SkiPro

Trim down for what!?!?!?
I would literally pay anyone 20 bucks to let me demo their own am hull or motor. And I would treat it like an eggshell. Here's a good Example of why I don't like riding people toys. My buddy always begged me to go ride quads with him. Months go buy and I wouldn't ride since my bike was outta commission and refused to ride anyones bike or spare. finally he talks me into riding his spare trx450. Drive and haul 2 bikes 3 hours to ride a bike for 30 seconds after warm up. Never got into third. Only for it to shred a quarter of the rear sprocket off. The axle bearings were SHOT, with 1-2 inches of play/slack in the axle carrier. Went to give it some Braaap and pitch the rear out and snap, there it went. Never even got away from camp. Now here I am the one who just grenaded this rear sprocket, When who ever would have even attempted to ride it next it would have gone. My buddie wouldn't let me pay for it even though I tryed to, He ranted about how the bearing were already shot and how it should have happened a long time ago cause the axle was moving around so much in the swingarm. And how he was sorry for sending me to ride on a faulty bike. Then I felt like I was an A HOLE even though I didn't know how I broke it... Even though it was only a matter of time. I then Fixed my bike, Helped him wrench on his. And have Never rode anyones toys since.

air blair

you are the reason
I dont loan out my chainsaw either, oh that was supposed to be mixed gas. Or a guy came up to me last year daytona, says ya i have sinkin a few skis and im not that good of a rider then asks if he could try my bob hull out. I said ya, no!#?.its not running right. A few hours later i heard that guy borrowed a ski to test and ass bumped sandbar, broke trim nozzle off. I kinda know when to say no

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

SkiPro

Trim down for what!?!?!?
lol I learned too when this HickBilly asked to try my ski. Billy then spent 30 minutes flopped over trying to get back on. Single 500 bilge couldn't keep up. half sunk, then I had to ask this nice old couple to give me a ride to the center to retrieve it. Learned real quick. Unless their friends, nahh Jack!

Sparkplug

Site Supporter
If I rode a ski and the engine just blew up, or the ski broke in half out of nowhere, I'm not giving anyone a penny. If I caused some damage then I would cover what I did.

I don't ever ask to ride anyone's stuff, usually it's the other way around. If I was demoing a persons ski, not a company, I wouldn't do much. If it was a company advertising their hull, trying to gain my interest and sale, you can bet your ass I'm going to ride it hard. I might not try flips, but I need to know how the thing is going to handle. I can't afford to just throw 1000s of dollars based on others opinions.

I beat the hell out of my skis. They take itjust fine No I don't have 5000 dollar engines, but if I was in that income bracket, I probably would feel the same way. Isn't money relative?

Respect other people's things always.

Byeai

"Cheetos-Man"
If I rode a ski and the engine just blew up, or the ski broke in half out of nowhere, I'm not giving anyone a penny. If I caused some damage then I would cover what I did.

I don't ever ask to ride anyone's stuff, usually it's the other way around. If I was demoing a persons ski, not a company, I wouldn't do much. If it was a company advertising their hull, trying to gain my interest and sale, you can bet your ass I'm going to ride it hard. I might not try flips, but I need to know how the thing is going to handle. I can't afford to just throw 1000s of dollars based on others opinions.

I beat the hell out of my skis. They take itjust fine No I don't have 5000 dollar engines, but if I was in that income bracket, I probably would feel the same way. Isn't money relative?

Respect other people's things always.

If your not going to help them don't ride anyone's stuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

never let anybody ride your boat. every 5 minutes they ride it is going to be that much less time you are going to get out of it!
When you are a hull builder with a demo boat, or have a demo motor that you got a great deal on with the understanding that it's for the community to demo, the above concept is out the window. Lol.

bird

walking on water
Site Supporter
Personally I've never felt comfortable on other peoples skis.

I was asked(damn near begged) to ride a bullet v2 with a screaming triple in it. I took it out and carved the bay across the lake, when I came back the guy was all worried. I remember holding it wide open for a few seconds once. Most of my riding was NOT balls to the wall, just some slalom sweeps having fun.

Well I later found out he blew that motor up three times that summer!! If it would have blown up with me riding it that day, I would not have offered him anything except richer Jets and help tearing down the engine.

that being said, don't take out a boat if you don't discuss such scenarios. And who the hell takes a 1000cc+ ski out and tries flipping it their first time? an idiot!

hope to see you all there, Respek!

Last edited:

air blair

you are the reason
When you are a hull builder with a demo boat, or have a demo motor that you got a great deal on with the understanding that it's for the community to demo, the above concept is out the window. Lol.
Or a broke some-biotch like me, trying to introduce a new hull to the enthusiasts, i would like some potential buyers to check out the ridability of the ski not my engine. If a ski performs well with small cheap power then possibilities are endless. I have alot of money into these hulls right now. Some one going out and testing backflips and rolls in the surf is pointless and destructive. As far as flat water testing i would assume the same respect is expected unless agreed upon by owner and tester. Now when brawler first came out josh was wanting me to flip it. That was a special request i didnt want to perform cause 8 out of 10 times i land em but 20% damage ratio is not good.

Top Bottom