The barrel rolling thread.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
i could look if they have anymore i could send you one they are super light so shipping wont be much at all i think it was 20 with the taxes for the helmet, when i seen helmet in store they caught my eye, i went to sporting section to buy something else and i seen these helmets. they are rated to take impacts from hockey stick and rubber hard ball, so if i hit my head again on bars they should take the blow
Check it for me if you would. J

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
i like these 2

streethockeyking_2005_4540709

streethockeyking_2005_4419091

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
FYI Will, I got 3/4 roll today on my RN off a big boat wake, I'm not exactly sure how hard to hit them and didn't want to fly 100 feet............

FYI Will, I got 3/4 roll today on my RN off a big boat wake, I'm not exactly sure how hard to hit them and didn't want to fly 100 feet............

Nice!!!
Thats what I did the other day. I had been hitting flat water rolls hard, then we saw a barge cruising up the channel and hauled ass. When I got out there, I hit several waves, and rolled every time. I never rode one out though, because I wasn't throwing as fast and tight of a roll. I got a LOT more air, and had time to actually open my eyes and see the horizon spin, which was sick, and then I would crash down on my side and get separated from the ski. I've landed on my side tons of times off flat water attempts, but landing on your side after getting some air threw me for a loop.
Here is one more vid of a flatwater attempt we made the other day. Still 3/4's. I'll land one of these babies SOON.
YouTube - X2 Barrel Roll Attempt

I know that my attempts really aren't anything special, but I get this HUGE chit eating grin on my face everytime I watch it. About this time last year I was just starting to ride my very first ski. Of course, an X2. I remember how amazed I was at Pete's flat water attempt video's on you tube, in fact thats the sole reason I bought my first ski. I would have NEVER dreamed that about a year later, I would be posting roll attempt video's myself. Then again, I never would have imagined going from trying to rebuild a stock 650 ski to get it in the water, to ripping my 780 b-piped, dual carbed, reinfornced surf slammin boat into a roll. What a massive improvement! I owe it all to you dudes. Then again, I owe several overdraft charges to you bastards..

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Nice!!!
Thats what I did the other day. I had been hitting flat water rolls hard, then we saw a barge cruising up the channel and hauled ass. When I got out there, I hit several waves, and rolled every time. I never rode one out though, because I wasn't throwing as fast and tight of a roll. I got a LOT more air, and had time to actually open my eyes and see the horizon spin, which was sick, and then I would crash down on my side and get separated from the ski. I've landed on my side tons of times off flat water attempts, but landing on your side after getting some air threw me for a loop.
Here is one more vid of a flatwater attempt we made the other day. Still 3/4's. I'll land one of these babies SOON.
YouTube - X2 Barrel Roll Attempt
Seems like all I do is land sideways and upside down, and I know what you mean about seeing the horizon spin. I did pin my pole down so it would only be about one foot off the hood, it did spin way faster for sure. I'm hoping when we get down to the coast in 2 weeks I can finally get this nailed down once and for all.:bow28:

I can't wait to try to roll in the surf. We should be going down in about a month or so. I'll be a rollin' fool.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
I can't wait to try to roll in the surf. We should be going down in about a month or so. I'll be a rollin' fool.
Not sure where to look, but I think next time I'm going to try and keep a focus on the nose of the ski to see where its pointing.

you need to pull a pic off that vid like this one. i think it looks pretty sweet

Attachments

• will-screenshot.jpg
    will-screenshot.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 29
Like these? Taking still out of those vids makes me look like a bad ass. One of these days, maybe I will be. :cool:

Attachments

• Backroll.jpg
    Backroll.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 33
  • Rollin2.jpg
    Rollin2.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 42
How do your knees feel, mine feels like chit today from the twisting.

I haven't noticed my knees hurting, but my right hip joint is sore as hell after rolling, probably the same, something to do with twisting. I've noticed the past few rides that I've tried rolls, theres a really sore spot when I walk. Just one point in the swing of my leg, and it doesn't feel too good. Hopefully I'll get over that, just like I did getting so sore every time I rode when I first started.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
I haven't noticed my knees hurting, but my right hip joint is sore as hell after rolling, probably the same, something to do with twisting. I've noticed the past few rides that I've tried rolls, theres a really sore spot when I walk. Just one point in the swing of my leg, and it doesn't feel too good. Hopefully I'll get over that, just like I did getting so sore every time I rode when I first started.
I actually had a double limp today, the left knee from the last ocean ride a couple weeks ago, and now my right from rolls. Its possible (and more likely probable) that if this continues to be a trend for me, at my age I will have to just stop it. But before that happens I want at least one clean "Plate to Plate"......:burnout:

I actually had a double limp today, the left knee from the last ocean ride a couple weeks ago, and now my right from rolls. Its possible (and more likely probable) that if this continues to be a trend for me, at my age I will have to just stop it. But before that happens I want at least one clean "Plate to Plate"......:burnout:

Well J, I have MAD respect for you for hitting it as hard as you do. I know the beating it puts on me, and I can't speak from experience on the age thing, but from what I've heard it only goes down hill. Seeing guys like you go out and rip it up, trying new stuff, new ABUSIVE stuff, really pumps me up. I should have many years of ripping ahead of me.
Again, mad respect to you for being one sick mofo, keep it up. Hope your able to work it out and ride through it man.

:bow28:

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Well J, I have MAD respect for you for hitting it as hard as you do. I know the beating it puts on me, and I can't speak from experience on the age thing, but from what I've heard it only goes down hill. Seeing guys like you go out and rip it up, trying new stuff, new ABUSIVE stuff, really pumps me up. I should have many years of ripping ahead of me.
Again, mad respect to you for being one sick mofo, keep it up. Hope your able to work it out and ride through it man.

:bow28:
Thanks, your only as old as you feel...........today I feel it, saturday I didn't.

Top Bottom