The Lake Martin wanna b outlaw, shonuff redneck ride

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Anyone up for a lame ass Lake Martin Alabama ride?:barrel:

MAY 16TH and 17th,Lake Martin Alabama

Last edited:

WFO Speedracer

Gil is. He won't ride anywhere else! haha

I'd like to ride an X2 with some ballz one of these days! I'd come down to Martin for that!

The water is going down fast here,thanks Alabama Power you rock!
So any hopes of having a freeride here are probably cashed for this year.Hopefully my X2 will be back together shortly it has pretty big balls for an X2.:wave:

WFO Speedracer

Looks like this is a go! I am going to go talk to the park managers in a few.so far I have clearance from them and the district manager of the parks,there are two pavillions that are rentals,if we rent both those out which is both pavillions for $200.00 for two days then we get the whole area near the silo for parking and can basically tie that end up,the silo area is a not a no wake zone ,that means riding right up to the shore,the shore there is similar to Smith lake ,there are rocks and you will need a beach stand.Now for the bad,loading and unloading will have to be done at the boat ramp $4.00 a pop,the beach area is the swimming area that means no wake zone there.Here is the link to the parks,click on find a park and then Wind creek on the drop down menu,there is a lot of info on the park on that website including videos.There are seven rental cabins ,not sure how many are available yet though,more info later today after I talk to the park supervisor and the Water patrol.

www.alapark.com

Last edited:

WFO Speedracer

Just got back,beach totes are not a problem,no cabins are available that weekend for rental,either camp out,bring a camper or RV or stay at a nearby motel,all sites have water and electricity.Now for the really important stuff,there is no alcohol allowed in the day use section of the park where the freeride will be held,don't bring any,don't get caught with any,don't get thrown out because of any,its not my rule it doesn't apply to just you ,it does apply to you. You can drink all you want at the campsite which is a separate part of the state park,or we have some very nice bars where you can drink as long as you can afford the tab.The part of the campground where the ride will be held is called Snake Island,I didn't see any snakes there,its not really an island it is a peninsula on one side of the park,one side of the island is in a no wake zone,the other is not,parking is where you can find a place.Day use fee applies to all who want to drive into the park and have access to you vehicle.There is also a small public boat ramp not located in the park thats is a short trip away by water,you may take it completely over if you wish and pay no day use fees,day use fees are of course included if you are already camping at the state park.Dates are May 16th-17th,I will be there setting up on the 15th and riding.Its like this if 10 people show up then 10 people will ride,if 100 show up the 100 will ride,I won't be disappointed either way.

We're talking, May 15th? I may be in for this.. Your going to have the flat deck there right..? :439:
Just let me know for sure when. I'll have my ski together, and I'm a camping mofo. I'm down.

WFO Speedracer

We're talking, May 15th? I may be in for this.. Your going to have the flat deck there right..? :439:
Just let me know for sure when. I'll have my ski together, and I'm a camping mofo. I'm down.

Damn skippy the flat decker will be there!

WFO Speedracer

There are also several area hotels in Alex City which is about 5 miles away from the campsite,anything from absolute dump to Best Western,we got it all!

FreestyleFreak

Region 7 AM Freestyle
damnit looks like im out for this one,my mom has to go to a talent show after work that friday.I wish i could make it,these are my favorite freerides,so laid back and relaxing.

Top Bottom