The Lake Martin wanna b outlaw, shonuff redneck ride

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Yes brethren let it be known by all men of fortitude and all scantily clad women the following event will be held on the 16th & 17th day of May in the year of our Lord 2009AD.

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
I'm trying to bail on the girls to make it down.

Tentatively IN.

Where's the host camp?

Last edited:

WFO Speedracer

I can get boats to provide a wake ,I do still have to talk to the water patrol about the event though,I have been by there twice thus far and left several messages,I will let you know when I know.

leprechaunjohn

john john the leprechaun
sweet im hope my ski will be ready. and im there!

yea thats another thing are the water po-po gonna be all over us like white on rice?
inspecting skis? etc...

im legit but i hate dealing with cops (no offense to any X members if your in law enforcement)

WFO Speedracer

Still no word from the Marine police,I have left several messages and been by there several times,as far as I am concerned its a non issue,I plan to show up and have a ride.I will try to get the rest of the info together as far as nearby hotels and as I stated before there is a boat ramp outside the campground for those not wishing to pay day use fees for the park.There is an alternate location for the ride itself right to the right side of the boat ramp that I want to check into this weekend.The following is straight off the Lake Martin site:

http://www.visitingalabama.com/lakemartin/boatramps.htm

*** Piney Woods Landing-Coven Abbett Rd, veer left on Piney Woods, right on Corley Rd.

Piney Woods Landing is another very nice boatramp. It also opens into the main body of Lake Martin. It has a nice parking lot, that even on a full day is easily maneuverable. Its boatramp gently slopes down into the water, making it very easy to put your boat in and out of the water.

Although the dock is not the nicest, this too is a very assessable boat launch and dock.

Last edited:

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
Still no word from the Marine police,I have left several messages and been by there several times,as far as I am concerned its a non issue,I plan to show up and have a ride.I will try to get the rest of the info together as far as nearby hotels and as I stated before there is a boat ramp outside the campground for those not wishing to pay day use fees for the park.There is an alternate location for the ride itself right to the right side of the boat ramp that I want to check into this weekend.The following is straight off the Lake Martin site:

http://www.visitingalabama.com/lakemartin/boatramps.htm

*** Piney Woods Landing-Coven Abbett Rd, veer left on Piney Woods, right on Corley Rd.

Piney Woods Landing is another very nice boatramp. It also opens into the main body of Lake Martin. It has a nice parking lot, that even on a full day is easily maneuverable. Its boatramp gently slopes down into the water, making it very easy to put your boat in and out of the water.

Although the dock is not the nicest, this too is a very assessable boat launch and dock.

I vote we do it at Crammit's house.

WFO Speedracer

I vote we do it at Crammit's house.

I think that is a construction zone at present, plus the old man across from Crammit would have the water po po over there in about ten minutes flat.:splatt:

Here is the link to google maps,you will be on hwy 280 coming in,once you pass through Alexander city and pass hwy 63 on your right you will take a right on Coven Abbot Hwy,from there its about 3 or 4 miles to Wind Creek state park,the entrance to the park will be on your Left.You can also turn right on Hwy 63 and then turn left on Coven Abbot Hwy and the entrance will be on your Right,either way works fine.
<http://maps.google.com/maps?g=map+of+alex+city+alabama&hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&ll=32.907406,-85.934372&spn=0.045253,0.067806&z=13>

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
I think that is a construction zone at present, plus the old man across from Crammit would have the water po po over there in about ten minutes flat.:splatt:

OK, I get it

OK, I get it

Here is the link to google maps,you will be on hwy 280 coming in,once you pass through Alexander city and pass hwy 63 on your right you will take a right on Coven Abbot Hwy,aka hwy 128 from there its about 3 or 4 miles to Wind Creek state park,the entrance to the park will be on your Left.You can also turn right on Hwy 63 and then turn left on Coven Abbot Hwy-hwy 128 and the entrance will be on your Right,either way works fine.

http://maps.google.com/maps?g=map+o....907406,-85.934372&spn=0.045253,0.067806&z=13

Here is the link to google maps,you will be on hwy 280 coming in,once you pass through Alexander city and pass hwy 63 on your right you will take a right on Coven Abbot Hwy,from there its about 3 or 4 miles to Wind Creek state park,the entrance to the park will be on your Left.You can also turn right on Hwy 63 and then turn left on Coven Abbot Hwy and the entrance will be on your Right,either way works fine.
<http://maps.google.com/maps?g=map+of+alex+city+alabama&hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&ll=32.907406,-85.934372&spn=0.045253,0.067806&z=13>

n0limits

makin' power
im in i have a lake house near by and have several friends with boats that might be willing to come out

WFO Speedracer

Here be the dealeo,I went today and scouted the area,there is an island directly across from snake Island in Wind creek state park,the boat ramp is also right there,I could almost throw a rock to it.On the other side of the Piney woods boat ramp is a bridge,beyond that the lake snakes back in there quite a ways,now I am thinking as far as the water po po goes out of sight out of mind,I say we take over the island and the boat ramp,I believe I counted twenty parking spaces at the ramp ,which means it could probably hold thirty at best,its smallish for sure,the island is maybe 200 yds. from the boat ramp and maybe 400 yds. from snake island at the park.So for those that are staying at the park Snake Island would be the place to put in or you could drive two miles up the road and put in at Piney woods or just drop it in the water at you campsite and ride it over.If you put in at Piney woods there are no day use fees for the park,if you are camping at the park your day use fees are already taken care of.I think if we get some boats to go back in the winding areas on the other side of the bridge we could jump wakes to our hearts content without worring about the po po.Well thats my game plan folks,comments are welcomed and appreciated please.:splatt:

Top Bottom