Blaster The most aggressive scoop grate

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
I'm running a Worx 201 right now and its pretty aggressive. I was just wondering if there is anything more aggressive, SJ or Blaster. Imagine that your motor can handle anything you thow at it, is there anything at all off the shelf more aggressive than the 201?

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
Hmm. And that fits a Blaster? I wonder if anyone ever tried it out. I know people say that blaster and sj grates are the same I couldn't get my SJ JD grate to fit my Blaster. Thanks for feedback.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
I ran an R&D grate for a while on my SJ. It was extremely aggressive. Had that "brakes" feeling to it.

Hooked up like a mofo but would toss you off the ski at WFO if you let off too fast.

Ha Ha , I had the R&D on one of my Blasters and it has some "braking" effect. Went to a Solas which doesn't look very agrresive but hooks up well and still has a little braking effect

tomski

X
Hmm. And that fits a Blaster? I wonder if anyone ever tried it out. I know people say that blaster and sj grates are the same I couldn't get my SJ JD grate to fit my Blaster. Thanks for feedback.

Don't you need to pass tech on the grate? Can you fill the pump cavity?

A blaster JD grate with the pump cavity filled and a watercross of texas grate. I don't think this one will pass.

Attachments

• watercross of texas intake grate 002.jpg
    watercross of texas intake grate 002.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 113
  • Jim waveblaster 1 002.jpg
    Jim waveblaster 1 002.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 127
  • Jim waveblaster 1 003.jpg
    Jim waveblaster 1 003.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 133

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
Tech? Whats that?:fingersx:

Yea, you're allowed to fill the pump inlet. I guess I should mention that the grate cant stick past the bottom of the hull more than 1/2", but who's looking anyway?

Last edited:

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
So right now I'm going to wait for the new blaster grate from snowxr. Should be available soon. I guess it will be very aggressive. Once they're available, I'll try one out and get back to you guys.

GReenANt

GReenAnt
I had a JD grate with a #60 casting and it did not fit my blaster it hit the pump tunnel and was an inch from the drive-shaft.

my neighbor had one marked #13 and it fits a blaster perfectly. i replaced mine with the same and it doesn't seem overly aggressive and doesn't cause an extreme braking effect.

extreemthrottle

freeride junkie
i have the watercross of texas scoop on my blaster, works awesome, especially in the surf, almost sucks the ski to the water.
but talk about the braking effect, feels like you tossed an anchor over the side! from wfo let off to quickly and it will throw you over the bars.

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
^^Front, rear, both? Wouldn't that create a gap somewhere? Im sure you could fill that in though.

Top Bottom