the trivial complaints thread

swapmeet

Brotastic
10348613_10205739368792472_505240059246743445_n.jpg

Not a complaint, but wanted to update... I sold the Biscayne Saturday Afternoon at Good Guys car show.

Turns out that the guy who bought it owns the Top Fuel dragster that Gas Monkey Garage has been sponsoring. His shop was 10 miles from the show.
He asks me to follow his buddy to the shop and he'll run by his house to grab cash.
After we do the deal at his shop, he gives my wife and I a full tour. Gives us each T-shirts, Hoodies, posters. He gives me a slightly stretched rod and a destroyed piston.
The guy couldn't have been any nicer.

Says the Dragster thing is just a hobby.... that costs 100k per race weekend on average.

gif-say-what1.gif

(Travel, Personnel, Fuel, Food, Lodging, Wear and Tear etc.) He says he doesn't race every weekend. Typically he only attends 7-8 races/ year.
Of course his goal is to have sponsors cover that cost.... but judging by the hardware required, that barely scratches the surface of the costs to get involved as a pro.

Interesting facts learned during my visit:
The billet aluminum blowers produce 78psi of boost at WOT
A crank shaft will see a maximum of 8 runs before its pulled from the motor. Even if the crank has 'minor cracks' (his words, I don't know what that means), it will be reused in a Pro-Stock car because it will won't see the stress the Top Fuel motor creates.
He has 5 complete motors on standby.
His car has the first 1 piece Carbon Fiber body in Top Fuel. (He didn't know if it was Pre-preg) I has a Kevlar liner around the driver.

And we think our hobby is expensive.

Friday my trusty subaru decided to devlop a wicked rod knock on the way back from lunch. Just the day before i was talkin about how if the engine ever let go i would call revworks and order a built shortblock and drop it in. Unfortunately i am in the midst of trying to finish my construction loan and i dont need to be spending any money right now. So my dad is letting me use his old toyota pickup but to get use of it i had to stay way late friday and put ball joints in his Mercedes-Benz which required heavy use of an oxy acetylene torch to get them out. Then by the time i got home my kids were in bed so i didnt get to see them at all. Then Saturday i was cutting trees to make a clearing for the house and had one pop back and take a fall right onto the neighbors fence.

Second person to come look at my motorcycle for sale who doesn't know the difference between a two and a four stroke.

Is everyone out there retarded?
I have two bikes for sale right now and every time I go to sell something I remember how painful the process is . Drives me nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I try to be a reasonable guy. I know it's March Madness and folks are capable of multi-tasking, but if you sit right outside the IT guys door (me) and jump from your desk and cheer for your team that has just won while you are on the clock, EXPECT The ban hammer to come down. I hate having to be an a-hole but people just CAN'T help but take advantage of some one being nice some times.

I try to be a reasonable guy. I know it's March Madness and folks are capable of multi-tasking, but if you sit right outside the IT guys door (me) and jump from your desk and cheer for your team that has just won while you are on the clock, EXPECT The ban hammer to come down. I hate having to be an a-hole but people just CAN'T help but take advantage of some one being nice some times.
Me serious lol
Jk I'd be fired extremely fast in a desk type of environment, give me a inch and they'll take a mile dude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fro Diesel

creative control
Hey Pandora you stupid prick, if I thumbs down 4 songs in a row can't you throw me a bone and play JUST ONE song I have thumbed up!?

Some days I think Pandora is on a mission to piss me off.
I switch to tuneinradio app long ago, i hit my fav college radio stations, free beer n hotwings, howard, car talk, science friday, etc.
its free so get off the pandora bangwagon, that wafer is stale! The algorithms are uniting against us!

How is johnny cash on every station on pandora? We have found if you want to hear a certain band you have to play a different station want to hear eminem? Listen to lil wayne radio. Want to listen to nofx? Play anti flag radio. But somehow no matter what station you pick if you listen to it manages to sneak the man in black in there. I am so tired of him that i have to thumbs down all his songs. And even doing that doesnt stop them from playing it.

Gonna create a casual encounters male seeking male ad with this pricks number.
View attachment 303093
Wanna make two? I had a guy give me the same exact story a month or so ago. I told him no PayPal and he tried to walk me through setting up an account until I explained that I have a pp account but wouldn't be using it for this transaction as there's too many scammers. After that the line went dead.

How is johnny cash on every station on pandora? We have found if you want to hear a certain band you have to play a different station want to hear eminem? Listen to lil wayne radio. Want to listen to nofx? Play anti flag radio. But somehow no matter what station you pick if you listen to it manages to sneak the man in black in there. I am so tired of him that i have to thumbs down all his songs. And even doing that doesnt stop them from playing it.
Thats why i started using iheart radio, if i wanna hear megeadeath, thats mostly what i get with a few others mixed in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
Wanna make two? I had a guy give me the same exact story a month or so ago. I told him no PayPal and he tried to walk me through setting up an account until I explained that I have a pp account but wouldn't be using it for this transaction as there's too many scammers. After that the line went dead.
Farking do it!!! I hate scammers and love reading the stories for people that troll them hard. It's like a secret infatuation of mine.

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/8fxnr

Last edited:
Top Bottom