The Unseen footage

104_0460_zps61b42dcd.jpg

nice! i have been thinking of building something similar for a while now. now seeing this, and reading bruce has the same idea, it might just push me over the edge of building one... i can see visions of stupid antics chasing one another through the marshes at well over safe speeds...(of course with at least two people onboard, one to drive and one to be the "monkey" for weight tranfer in the turns :)

Last edited:
This was me realizing what it feels like to finally get all the power I paid for. First time I had it running correctly all summer. The day ended with a bent impeller, a sore back and a huge smile...
DSC07345.jpg

This is my wife's car being" tested out" at a car show. Its a 13 sec dd now. Not a ski but still a good shot
IMG_4716_zps421bd11f.jpg

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
Not actual jet ski photos, but very related....

April 13th, 2012 (friday the 13th): Enjoying a few "cocktails" on the Brigantine beach after our "friday frontside" surf outing. SpecialFX comes over to my van and says check it out theres a turtle over hear. I go around next to his van and im looking for this turtle. But i dont see it. He says right there..... and here i see this little tiny (size of a quarter) diamondback terrapin hatch ling. He was literally stuck in a footprint in the sand and was too small to climb out. We picked him up to check him out. As TJSCool was holding him i began googling diamondback terrapin care. Seemed that since he had never made it to the water there would be no need to keep him in salt water. Alot of the info supported diamondbacks actually being healthier in frresh water as they can hydrate better. And since they are a mammal and get there oxygen from the air and not the water there is really no issue in keeping them in fresh water if there shell has never acclimated to the salt water. That was enough info for me, i took him home made him a temp. home for the night and next morning went and bought him a home and all the needed accessories. Let me say I never imagined he would have such a personality, he loves human contact, and is very energetic (even begs for food). He is now already 5 inches in diameter, and just last week upgraded his home to a 90 GALLON turtle palace.

X-h2o meet frank:

Please do not send me stuff saying its wrong to house these turtles and other BS. He was stuck in a hole he prob would have dehydrated due to the sun or been eaten from. Another hatch ling a few minutes later (from find frank) got eaten by a seagull. Frank is very well taken care of and has a diet more complex then mine.

This is pretty dang cool, I found a hatchling snapper drying up in the middle of the road a while back. Had him in a small bowl for a couple days to see if he would even live and have since moved him to a 10 gallon. Had him for about 4 months now and he seems to be doing well, he likes feeder guppies and steak, debating whether he goes in the lake this spring or into our 50 gallon tank.

Attachments

• IMAG0119.jpg
    IMAG0119.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 172
  • IMAG0120.jpg
    IMAG0120.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 185
  • IMAG0198-1.jpg
    IMAG0198-1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 169

SkiDiggity

formerly kawirider142
This is pretty dang cool, I found a hatchling snapper drying up in the middle of the road a while back. Had him in a small bowl for a couple days to see if he would even live and have since moved him to a 10 gallon. Had him for about 4 months now and he seems to be doing well, he likes feeder guppies and steak, debating whether he goes in the lake this spring or into our 50 gallon tank.

A buddy of mine down the street just built a pond and he has 2 that a pretty big, big enough to eat the squirrels that come to close to the pond haha. but they are awesome!!!

How well does he get the feeder guppies? Been considering trying to feed frank some guppies. Your snapper looks awesome! Never seen one with all that body armor. I would just get him a bigger tank and keep him!!! lol

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
A buddy of mine down the street just built a pond and he has 2 that a pretty big, big enough to eat the squirrels that come to close to the pond haha. but they are awesome!!!

Dude this is the X, with a statement like that you're going to have to post some video!! Otherwise it didn't happen

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
How well does he get the feeder guppies? Been considering trying to feed frank some guppies. Your snapper looks awesome! Never seen one with all that body armor. I would just get him a bigger tank and keep him!!! lol

He picks up a small one about once a week, otherwise they are still a little fast/smart for him. He is still very small though, like 3" long. I also feed him aquatic turtle food pellets for filler, I can hardly break on in half with my thumbnail but he bites right through them. He is a common snapper so he will only stay all ridged like that for a little while longer, then his shell will smooth out. Alligator snappers stay hella spikey but are sit and wait hunters, this guy chases em down. His name is Gamera, ill probably keep him till he is to large to handle safely.

Top Bottom