Other The What is your biggest Rookie move on a build.

raytherace

Canadian Brapp Dealer
Ordering anything from Blowsion to Canada and picking UPS as the shipper.

What has brown done for you lately? Doubled the cost of my order.

Everytime I forgot to tell the seller to not use UPS, I got fire up ( je viens en tabarnak ), its always the double with them. Read my signature...hahah

I forgot to put loctite on my stator threads.
There goes a stator, set of cases and a nice lightened flywheel.

X2..
pickup came loose, caused pre-ignition and seperated the tooth ring off my atp flame flywheel (which is only pressed on), came off and cut the stator wires, shorted out the sensor.. only cost me a new pickup $100, some soldering and pressed the flywheel back together with bearing locktite, no problems since!

first: i forgot to put locktight to my flywheel bolt, so it came loose. shred my rad total loss flywheel then my crank.

second: i change 3 time my engine on my x2, after i realize that i should put a yamaha engine or buying a superjet with fix steer.

third: i'm still stuck with a kawasaki engine

baxt3r

BBQ
Made the mistake of not remembering the cooling line routing on my old GP1200. Also managed to leave a line loose which completely flooded the hull.

Last edited:
spent all day in a rush trying to reseal the engine on a 550 so my bro could ride it the next weekend. Put it in the water left the flush kit cap off, flooded the hull and over heated a little. still runs tho. lucky I didnt sink the ski.

TimotaLT

Lake Rat
Got too stoned one day and thought I would fill my buddies ski with gas before we rode and forgot that it was an internal fill, so the gas cap was just a hole in the ski so ended up filling 5 gallons into the hull.

Another time stoned again couldn't figure why my ski would only fire and instantly die, f-ed with it for an hour or so couldn't figure it out brought it to a friends house and realized the choke was in the on position, fml.

Tyler Zane

Open Your Eyes
Got too stoned one day and thought I would fill my buddies ski with gas before we rode and forgot that it was an internal fill, so the gas cap was just a hole in the ski so ended up filling 5 gallons into the hull.

Another time stoned again couldn't figure why my ski would only fire and instantly die, f-ed with it for an hour or so couldn't figure it out brought it to a friends house and realized the choke was in the on position, fml.

lmao, put the pipe down bro... at least till after the ride...

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
Chose a silly place to drill a hole for the bilge discharge. Port side forward above the mod chamber. A mile of hose that's always in the way. Did it on both ski's. Yes, it's fixable...but I enjoy kicking myself in the ass for it, and it makes me think a bit more b4 I do anything.

onlyFX-1

Jace Forest...BRAP!

Hmmmm.....sounds familiar, at least I learned a cool trick to get the gas out after you did that

Mark44

Katie's Boss

Have you learned anything from this? Just say no?

Not putting the battery straps on. The positive post got pinned under cdi. Frying the ground coming out of the stator, which melted all the other wires. Replaced the wires and added a fuse to the ground wire :)

Top Bottom