Other The What is your biggest Rookie move on a build.

when I went to pismo I was using a tank I cut into and it was leaking, besides the backfire and flames shooting out the sides of my hood EVERYTHING was shiny and lubed up well.

Last edited:

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
When I put the superjet pole and steering on my sxr, it did not flip the steering plate.

When I went to ride it, I pulled out, turned left and the ski went right and smashed into the dock.

JPCharmin

just order him a turd
When I put the superjet pole and steering on my sxr, it did not flip the steering plate.

When I went to ride it, I pulled out, turned left and the ski went right and smashed into the dock.

lol i know that probably sucked, but that had to have been some funny poop!

I once chased my azz around trying to figure out why my blaster would sputter after 20 mins or the first big wave jump IN SALTWATER ONLY but not on a lake test...I learned to throw a blanket over the running ski and spray the coil wires with saltwater with a spray bottle...the coil wires lit up like a christmas tree when sprayed, WSM coil wires were bad... oem parts rock !

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
My first "build" around 1990. I had an '87 550 that I blew the motor on . The ski was faded red and I wanted to make it look nice. So while the motor was out I took it to a buddy that built boats. He stripped it and put on white gelcoat. I went to pick it up when he had it done using the company work truck. I had nothing to tie it or strap it in. I thought "it's a short trip, I'll take it easy" . I made it to within one stop light of our shop when I took off from the light and that empty hull with nice fresh gelcoat sitting on a plastic bedliner slid right out of the bed. Ended up right in the middle of a major intersection
I turned right around to my buddy's shop to fix some glass and gelcoat.

JPCharmin

just order him a turd
My first "build" around 1990. I had an '87 550 that I blew the motor on . The ski was faded red and I wanted to make it look nice. So while the motor was out I took it to a buddy that built boats. He stripped it and put on white gelcoat. I went to pick it up when he had it done using the company work truck. I had nothing to tie it or strap it in. I thought "it's a short trip, I'll take it easy" . I made it to within one stop light of our shop when I took off from the light and that empty hull with nice fresh gelcoat sitting on a plastic bedliner slid right out of the bed. Ended up right in the middle of a major intersection
I turned right around to my buddy's shop to fix some glass and gelcoat.

yep.. ive had that happen in the middle of an intersection too!

That would have a sight to see. I would have pulled over and helped you reload, laughing the whole time.

Sank my 650 when i was out in the ocean , tried waving down this million dollar yatch for help, only to be ignored(damn them!!!) , not too surprised haha finale got pulled in by harbor patroll

Last edited:

IceRocket1286

Site Supporter
I remember a few years back when I had my square nose that my bendix took a crap on me. I got the new one installed and ran into the house real quick and came out to find my dad installing the flywheel bolt with an impact gun. He installed it just fine against my best wishes. Then he gave it the "one extra tighten" and snapped that thing clean off. That was a bad day.

1- Fastly put together a 750 cause i wanted to ride really badly... first off- forgot to run a breather line.. lucklily my father came down and was like oh hey you need a breather or your gonna have a BOMB.. think that saved my life... later that day, the new head came in, i swapped it really fast, and forgot to put a cooling line on... ended up not running to well... and then i stopped. smoke BILLOWED out of it.. i flipped it upside down, flipped it back up, still billowing, had to pull hood off and sink the thing... 750s have lots of foam.. got it to shore, and damn i did som damages!!

2- GP1200- Filled her up with all new expensive oil , all the damn shop had, forgot to put the oil cap on... was about 8 miles of shore when my oil light starter beeping and blinking... screwed....

gc4

I'd be lost without the x
Ordering anything from Blowsion to Canada and picking UPS as the shipper.

What has brown done for you lately? Doubled the cost of my order.

Ordering anything from Blowsion to Canada and picking UPS as the shipper.

What has brown done for you lately? Doubled the cost of my order.

Yup they sure spin the how much you gonna pay today wheel.. I shipped a hood once by UPS paid $100 for shipping (steep but I needed it soon) and another $70 for the brokerage. I asked the guy how they came up with the brokerage amounts and all he could say was it's complicated.. So later I looked it up and found this http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs_clearance.html .. I guess if they told you your shipping was going to be 170$ they might lose your business initially instead of making you hate them later. At least the driver was nice and didn't throw it over the fence.

When rebuilding my buddies 750sx we re-used the woodruff key for the flywheel, it sheared, changed the timing of the motor, we tried many thing to figure out why it wouldn't fire, it filled the waterbox with all the un-burnt fuel, fired it one more time and KABOOOM went the fiberglass waterbox into 5 pieces. Good thing no one had their head in the engine bay.

Top Bottom