Custom/Hybrid Things are getting FREAKY in Michigan!

RMBC Freeride

Vintage
Site Supporter
:):):):) you guys I hate Chad and Matt now with your fancy Superfreaks. jealous. jealous. jealous. dammit. I quit!

oops, did I just say that out loud????

Seriously, congrats to both of you - and please please please can I bum a ride next time we meet up? :fingersx:

:):):):) you guys I hate Chad and Matt now with your fancy Superfreaks. jealous. jealous. jealous. dammit. I quit!

oops, did I just say that out loud????

Seriously, congrats to both of you - and please please please can I bum a ride next time we meet up? :fingersx:

Of course..........however, I don't expect to buy any of my own beer at Pismo this year :)

Got some sanding and filling done yesterday. Also mounted my pole and spring. It actually worked quite well and was pretty easy to install the spring. Only one problem......the spring worked too well! It's hilarious, you let go of the pole and it shoots all the way up. Guess I need to trade my Blowsion spring for a stocker.

Hey you freaks.....question.....in the box with the bolts for the pole brackets there were two extra bolts. What are those for? There are also a lot of extra washers and I'm not really shure what they are for. I am assuming the big washers are for the back of the pole bracket bolts?

Do you plan to just make a metal plate for where the spring is resting on the ski? Hard to tell exactly what is going on from the pic, but my idea was to just make a plate for that area if I decide to run a spring. In all likelihood I expect I won't like the tight handlepole and will want to go back to a sprung setup.

Do you plan to just make a metal plate for where the spring is resting on the ski? Hard to tell exactly what is going on from the pic, but my idea was to just make a plate for that area if I decide to run a spring. In all likelihood I expect I won't like the tight handlepole and will want to go back to a sprung setup.

I literally drilled a hole through the hull for the spring to go through. I might epoxy a stainless washer on the under side. The spring doesn't move up and down or anything so I done foresee a problem. Had the same set up on my RN for the last 3 years with no issues. I definitely need to find a stock spring though. My Blowsion spring is way too strong. Although it would make monkey jumps easy because the pole could probably launch you over the front of the ski with this spring.

do your guys skis have the batt box underneath the exhaust tube? you have to find a very short battery to fit underneath there...I'd add some charging leads to it as well because its difficult to get in and out

just curious as to why you'd clear the engine compartment?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
My battery box sits in the standard SJ location.
Clearing the inside makes it look better, more finished.

jetkid

Paul Lambers
Glad to see you got yours, Chad! Tell Paul to bring his new JM big bore over to try in your freak.

If things go well for me this summer I hope to be putting my JM BB in my own freak!!!

Chad now I see why you wanted a stock spring. haha. I check and only have a spring for a sn.

I actually ended up bending my spring last night to take some tension off it. I think it will work perfect. All I can say is I hated drilling my breather holes for the pole through this pretty new hull. scary!

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I actually ended up bending my spring last night to take some tension off it. I think it will work perfect. All I can say is I hated drilling my breather holes for the pole through this pretty new hull. scary!

I know! I'm dreading doing any of that.

She is painted. Went for the metal flake. It was kind of a pain but turned out cool. I just hope I don't get mistaken for a big fishing lure not though.
The metal flake really doesn't show that well in the pictures but I like it a lot.

Attachments

• DSC_0015.jpg
    DSC_0015.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC_0009.jpg
    DSC_0009.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 146
Dam Chad ! everyone is going off on the paint and graphics . Looks great. Is the hood going to be all white ?

Top Bottom