THIS Would Have Made The Freeride Interesting

SuziQ

Banned
That was some impressive footage. I’m always thankful I am near-sighted and can balance in my tray while resting. We usually don’t talk about it much honestly, because no one really likes it.

Matt – I was always under the impression your Northern friends were the ones who needed to watch for the Great Whites the most, for they don’t like warmer waters (might be an interesting google). I was told by a Cali surfer that SoCal doesn’t get them much, due to the sharp bend in the Coast (but that it does happen); therefore, I would think we would get them even less. I was there in San Diego when the fatal incident with the veterinarian surfer, and the details were sad (he was a hero warning all his friends that day as it happened).

Last edited:

Stricky

**SoFlo Surf Sluts**
great whites are RARE on the florida easat coast. like suzi said, they do not like our warm water. however, there was an 18footer caught in the keys a few years back.

the ride spot of preference in sebastian is called "the monster hole" do to the sharks that feed there. it as a horse shoe shaped reef loaded with lil fish to eat. supposedly one of the local FWC officers had a bull shark bite the back of their patrol jetski one time... but i call bullshiat on that!

grasshopper

Wax on Wax off.....
I do not ever think about em. Unless i have an open wound and floating around cause i fell off my ski... Then I become a better swimmer than Michael Phelps... I have seen a few sharks out at monster hole.

Just remember the most dangerous thing you can do everyday is drive to work... I drive 95 everyday to work so riding with sharks is a walk in the park...

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Matt – I was always under the impression your Northern friends were the ones who needed to watch for the Great Whites the most, for they don’t like warmer waters (might be an interesting google). I was told by a Cali surfer that SoCal doesn’t get them much, due to the sharp bend in the Coast (but that it does happen); therefore, I would think we would get them even less. I was there in San Diego when the fatal incident with the veterinarian surfer, and the details were sad (he was a hero warning all his friends that day as it happened).

I suppose I knew all that. I just prefer to "ignore" it when I am out there.

Let me tell you, though - I never just float around out there.
I can do that in the river quite comfortably, but not out there.:crazy:

SuziQ

Banned
I suppose I knew all that. I just prefer to "ignore" it when I am out there.

Let me tell you, though - I never just float around out there.
I can do that in the river quite comfortably, but not out there.:crazy:

I fig'd you knew talkin bout porpoise/dolphins all the time, lol.

These boyz over here float with the sharks (noooo idea why either)! Stricky (and GSO...where is he guys?) floated with my ski for maybe an hour straight when it sunk...DIRECTLY in the hole. Savannah Scott is the one who never let go of it (floating forever without all of us around). I had to float for quite a bit too, and it was horrifying!!! Those fishing boats come through (bait, blood)...not a pleasant thought. :scared:

I never went out to google the great white intentionally. I was checking surf reports, and ran across this article oddly. When I looked a bit further overall, it says they like "temperate" waters. SOMEBODY needs to ask one the next time, what it considers "temperate" (so we all know)!

http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/l...c-coast-of-north-america-a-toothy-year_21623/

Looks like you guys over there may need to start worrying about them more with global warming and all (great white attacks up, overall shark attacks down). Personally, I think it would be better the other way around, because at least you may have a chance with another type of shark.

SuziQ

Banned
... Then I become a better swimmer than Michael Phelps... I have seen a few sharks out at monster hole...

:biggrin: (I honestly saw one stalk a surfer up at Jax Beach once. Stalked him. I was sitting in the lifeguard chair late one evening, and he was out by himself. I yelled him in. Shark was sneaky too. kept going under.)

Waternut

Customizing addict
I'm assuming based on the comments that is supposed to be a shark attack but all I get when I click on that link is some BS about a "Pawparrazi"...some wierd dog fashion show...WTF!

Boris

The Good Old Days
We are playing in their back yard, shait might happen from time to time. Overall, shark attacks don't happen every day like car accidents yet we all still drive.

I would love to strap on a set of tanks and dive the Monster Hole, bet on a clear day I would be able to see a shark.

Speleopower

got a Superjet
We are planning a dive like that this coming summer for Sebastion. Jump in at the tide pool on an out going tide and drift out and around. Should be interesting.

We used to snorkel the inlet all the time when I was young-n-dumb. Climb down the rocks and let the current carry you into the tide pool. Lots of fun.

Scott

SuziQ

Banned
I'm assuming based on the comments that is supposed to be a shark attack but all I get when I click on that link is some BS about a "Pawparrazi"...some wierd dog fashion show...WTF!

:sad6:…my Georgia residence is in Atlanta, so I do indeed realize the State never puts much emphasis on anything south of the Macon County Line (except Savannah understandably); therefore, it doesn’t surprise me much honestly. I love dog shows myself though, so I don’t guess it would bother me too much personally really. http://www.city-data.com/city/Georgia.html
Still it’s nice to make your acquaintance online young sir :wave:(had to check and see he whom I was addressing, since I don’t know you), and I’m really sorry you had that personal issue earlier. Maybe the State will resolve that for you one day.

The rest of you sound just plain nuts! Forget the diving…I’m balancing in my tray no matter which coast it is…and that’s that!

extreemthrottle

freeride junkie
man, we see them all the time this time of the year. those sharks are more interested in getting laid more than anything else. we'll be out riding and see them come very close to people swimming, and the people don't even realize it. most sharks have no intrest in people.
hell, i've almost speared one on my ski. just about landed on him.
you can chase them on your ski, those bastards are lightning fast!!lol

Top Bottom