Custom/Hybrid three years in the making and its about perfected

phone 005.jpgphone 004.jpg
Looks sweet! you gonna be on tonka or at the sortie with this bad boy?
i would love to get a closer look. and see this baby perform
definently tonka. i said i was going to the sortie both last year and the year before but i ended up not making it, so no guarantees there.
i finished buffing yesterday and it is amazing.

Last edited:
we made a new hood yesterday with no air bubbles! now i'm going to fix the flaws with some bondo and paint since the first mold is crappy. work is slow this week and i'm excited to see progress done on it. we are also about ready to make the new top deck mold. :friday: phone 005.jpgphone 006.jpg

Last edited:
phone 001.jpgphone 002.jpgphone 008.jpgphone 009.jpg
We made some progress this week. I am going to finish the hood mold tomorrow morning and I will have a new hood done Monday night if everything works out as planned. Getting the top deck ready to pull a mold from has been way more work than i expected. I'm hoping i will have a mold for the top deck done by next week.

The weather calls for 40's next week. I'm taking that as a sign summer is getting close and i better get my but in gear if i want to have a new hull on the water by spring. I definenlty thought i would be farther along on this.

There is lots of work finally getting done on this project. We popped the second flawless hood out of the mold tonight and i have the gelcoat sprayed for the top deck mold and I'm going to start glassing it tomorrow. phone 007.jpgphone 009.jpgphone 008.jpgphone 010.jpg

Last edited:
What are you doing with the extra proto types?

not sure yet. popped the top deck out of the mold and i'm going to trim the edges today. phone 003.jpg

i ran out of tooling gelcoat and need to order some before i can start the bottom mold. Atleast the bottom is a lot easier to lay up since it doesnt have all the corners like the top deck.

phone 001.jpgphone 002.jpgphone 003.jpgphone 004.jpg
Can I ask what you are using for the gelcoat and where you get it? I have been buying gelcoat from the UK and it costs a lot to get it here but I don't know what else is available or what can be used.

Awesome work by the way! Cheers!

Thanks! We started using US Composites gelcoat but i found a local company called Express Composites i have been buying from lately.

I was short on orange gelcoat for the bottom mold but I forgot that I had some yellow and red gelcoat, mixed the two together, added it with the rest of the orange that i had, and i had more than enough for the bottom mold. I started building glass up on the mold and i plan on throwing about three more layers on it tomorrow. At this rate i will have the bottom mold done by Monday or Tuesday. I tore everything out of my superjet after work tonight and i am going to start mounting the handpole up. Not much left to do except order turf and footholds until i have a bottom to my new ski which is looking like next weekend. My riding season is getting close. We've had record highs this week and today it was over 70 degrees. It's to bad i can still walk on the lake at home but the river is opening up!

Lake is wide open and we have our dock in! We finished the bottom mold, a newly placed order is ariving today with some more supplies, and i am going to have a bottom deck built this weekend!a 004.jpga 005.jpg

Last edited:
The bottom deck is built, just need to wash the pva off and it will look pretty! a 005.jpgTomorrow I'm going to start on footholds and installing the pump.

Last edited:
Top Bottom