Today was a good day - the counter to trivial complaints

That's not true because I tried these keys when they were first cut and they did not work. They crank the truck over but it dies after a few seconds.

I ended up picking up another 2003 Ram. This one is a fully loaded SLT Laramie with 140K miles.

5df714aa78a764fe568c87d8e65019d6.jpg
Nice truck, some of those types of remote starts don't switch over to the key in the ignition and use the rf from the key in the box. But none the less great news on the second key

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
It didn't come with any fob's for the remote start so I just stripped it out. Never had much use for them.

The install was a hack anyways so if I decide to use it someday, it will get redone much cleaner.

There is nothing worse than remote starts and aftermarket alarm systems. We remove them all the time from cars for no start issues where they break and block the starter signal.

On a good note, my house is coming along really well! Almost has a roof on it hopefully by the end of the week. Also the contractor from the house next door who has left his trash piled on my property for months called today and said he is having a 30 yard dumpster delivered for the trash. He said to fill it up with anything i wanted gone, and told me i could help myself to the bobcat he has on his jobsite next door. I am about to do some serious property clearing and get it all hauled out for free!

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
A remote start was the best add on I ever did to my last truck and will be my first add on to the new (to me) truck, besides a tuner. Every car we own has a remote start and we've never had a single issue. With the winters we have, and my lack of a garage, they are the best thing ever. Awesome for the 90 degree days in summer as well.

A remote start was the best add on I ever did to my last truck and will be my first add on to the new (to me) truck, besides a tuner. Every car we own has a remote start and we've never had a single issue. With the winters we have, and my lack of a garage, they are the best thing ever. Awesome for the 90 degree days in summer as well.
Yep love mine on my 2011 silverado still going strong

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I had a top of the line Clifford at one time. It was integrated into every aspect of the truck to the point I could honk the horn, and activate the wipers from any touch tone phone.

Driving down the road one day at 80mph and the brain melted down on me. The cab started filling with smoke. I got the window rolled down an inch before they stopped responding, the ignition cut out, I lost power steering and brakes and the doors all locked.

Thankfully I made it to the side of the road but I yanked that poop out the same day.

Well most of the stuff we see going bad is late late 90s early 2000s stuff. The owners definitely got their moneys worth out of these systems but they just start crapping out at this sort of age.

Mine has park assist its freaking annoying even if you got it off and the sensors get blocked with snow or tail gate is down, keep beeping saying sensor blocked

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
As you all know I've been going thru a divorce this year and it has been emotionally draining to say the least. Even when you are so angry with someone that you could kill them, beneath that are some very very strong feelings still, even though you'd love them to go away. I've 'dated' a few fine young things over the last few months, which was awesome, but in all cases, it was 100% physical. Well, there is a woman in my neighborhood that I've had a 'crush' on since the very first time I laid eyes on her about 10 yrs ago. She is not only gorgeous, but is kind, sweet and fun loving. We exchanged numbers a while back because she would text me if she wanted to use our beach, or borrow our paddleboard or stuff like that. Then to me the texts started taking on a different nature. Well, in all honesty, I thought it was just wishful thinking on my part.

We started hanging out recently and the emotional bond is amazing. It's almost like we've known each other and felt things for each other forever. When she looks at me, what I read in her eyes is something I haven't seen in my wife's eyes in decades, if ever. I can only remember that look from my first real love back when I was 19, and here it was again when I am 52.

I had to give it a true litmus test though to see where I really stood on this new relationship. I listened to She's Gone by Hall and Oates this morning. And for the first time I didn't fall apart or want to drive my truck into a bridge abutment. It was just an old song. Nothing more. I texted my new 'friend' about that, and she said I needed to listen to Blake Shelton's Honey Bee, because that is how she felt about 'us'. I now have one whole Country song that I actually like!

Top Bottom