tom 21's tubbies rock the X2 world

madscientist

chilling with these guys.
At first imperssion they are well built and i can't even begin to compliment
the fit. they go on like they should have been there all along. the only draw back was the fact iI had to do the exhaust outlet myself( no biggie ). placed them to the hull, drilled for the pop rivets ( 1/8" x 1" ) roughed up the hull, then installed the sponsons w/ the rivets, followed that w/ 1 layer of 6oz cloth w/ a mixture of epoxy and cabosil. have not faired them in yet since i will be doing a bottom mod before the new paint ( entire ski ). :smoker:

this is a video in action from the drivers seat. :dance:

YouTube - TROPICAL STORMFAY W/ MUSIC

they rock in the surf and can only be the same on the flat water. the extra lift from the outer chine running almoast to the front of the ski is sick and allowed for a much more stabil ride in the no wake zone

TOM YOU ROCK AND IF YOU OWN A x2 I WILL RECOMEND THESE W/ MY HIGHEST REGARDS TO THE PERFORMANCE GAIN AND THE FABRICATOR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

madscientist

Pics

Attachments

• orange beach 8-24-2008 001.jpg
    orange beach 8-24-2008 001.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 705
  • orange beach 8-24-2008 002.jpg
    orange beach 8-24-2008 002.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 792
  • orange beach 8-24-2008 003.jpg
    orange beach 8-24-2008 003.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 746

madscientist

at that height they follow the line of the bottom of the hull quite well and the curve of the bond line they will get faired in w/ filler before paint that has to be cosidered as well.

as far as stoopid i picked up on them about 4-5yrs ago while in the santa cruz area of central cali. had all of their albums until a computer error and windows re-install

mosquini

Looking for a fixed steer standup
at that height they follow the line of the bottom of the hull quite well and the curve of the bond line they will get faired in w/ filler before paint that has to be cosidered as well.

as far as stoopid i picked up on them about 4-5yrs ago while in the santa cruz area of central cali. had all of their albums until a computer error and windows re-install

Oh sorry I wasn't calling you stupid, I was referring to you as a stoopid head because of the slightly stoopid playing in the vid. lol Sorry bro didn't mean to sound like an ass

willycrumb

mmmm......beer.....
Extremely stoopid belongs in the discount bin at walmart. They are living the life with all the women they want though. I give them that. I saw them two years ago at Havasu after the finals. They took Kyle to jail right off the stage because he lit up a doobie during there last song. what a jackhole. Guess he didnt know its a felony in Arizona.:ugh2:

Sorry> Threadjack over.

mosquini

Looking for a fixed steer standup
I worked a few concerts for them in St. pete Fl and I must say, they are one of the most awesome bands ever. after the show about 6 people and myself went into the apartment back stage so they could smoke us out and hang with some cool people before getting on the bus and going to orlando. I don't see that much.

madscientist

i've been running the same tubies as crab since jan. and they were great, these trump all the others forthe x2. the extra 3" of lifting surface makes all the difference in the world on this ski.

i believe they are 175.00 from tom

PM tom 21 and he will get you set up right. let him know that you saw them here for the right price

betrezra

Eat, Drink, Breath x2's
##$##

MAD - great vid... made me miss p-cola.... used to ride there all the time when my dad lived there late 80's to mid 90s :)

I've got a set of sj tubbies that don't quite fit right (you have to bend them to sit flush with my x2 hull)........ so I might hit tom up for a set of x2 tubbies.

I'll prob sell the sj tubbies to offset cost.

They are the blowsion sj tubbies.

Good to hear they make a difference.

I've been hesitant to drill holes in my hull until I knew these actually made an improved difference...... sounds like they do.

How are they on a buoy course?

Top Bottom