Tow loops/rope

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
OK, I know we have to have a tow loop on the front and back of our skis.

The hole in the rear of my ski is turfed over. Is it OK to have a loop attached to my pump back behind my nozzle? Is regular rope OK to use?

Should we have a tow rope and caribeaner with us , too?

P

PancakePete

speaking of.. If anyone Forgets or does not have.. I got a dozen or 2 extra sets of loops for the front and rear for people.

Find me if you dont have, loose one or break one.
:headbang:

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
I don't have one but can't I just make some out of tying a small piece of rope together through the bow eye?

#ZERO

Beach Bum
I'm in the same boat by not having a rear aluminum eyelet and just turf the back with 25mm padding.

I was thinking about just connecting a carabineer to the pole where the limiting rope connects.

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
speaking of.. If anyone Forgets or does not have.. I got a dozen or 2 extra sets of loops for the front and rear for people.

Find me if you dont have, loose one or break one.
:headbang:

That is cool Pete, I wish I had extra rope last year, I lost mine the first time out

Waternut

Customizing addict
Good post Shane... I'm in a similar situation, only a bit more complicated. Anyone have any suggestions?

Attachments

• cut2.JPG
    cut2.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Well, for you guys that can't put on a rear tow loop heres an easy solution....don't go to tow anyone in! Put on a front loop on so you can get towed and let someone with a proper rear tow loop do the towing

Well, for you guys that can't put on a rear tow loop heres an easy solution....don't go to tow anyone in! Put on a front loop on so you can get towed and let someone with a proper rear tow loop do the towing

but just remember, when someone needs to get towed in, and you just pass them by with no means of helping, karma may kick in later on in the ride when you break down.

..... not that id not tow someone because of their lack of rear tow-loopage.

ive even towed in surf sluts. i leave nobody just floating there and stranded!

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
Should we all have our own tow rope?

If you don't have one I would not worry too much.... there should be enough around.

Guys that don't ride surf regularly, just make sure you at least have a front loop. A rear loop is good to have and a tow rope is a bonus.

If you don't have a rear loop, at least check on the "downed" rider/ski and then get them some help.

Regular rope should be OK, should be rated at 600+ lbs...

kid4now

X-H
I know this might sound harsh but when you ride in the surf tow loops front and back and a tow rope are a must have items. These items are not for convenience they are to save your ass or someone elses from getting hurt and you ski from getting pummeled in bigger surf when you get stuck in the break. If you don't have them get them. Of course with this group of people if you need help one of us is going to come to help, tow loops or not. But you know what, if you only have a front to loop and don't have a back one my opinion is swim your own dam ski in and I hope you dont get hurt. Only having a front tow loop means one thing your willing to take help but not give back or help someone else because you care more about put a whole in your ski then helping.

For those that have not rode in bigger or rougher surf this is not a joke.

Last edited:

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
i have ride surf at least once a week all summer,and we havent needed to tow too many people(knock on wood).

do that many people need a tow during the freeride?

i normally dont, but i will have tow loops(front and back)
and always carry a rope.

just wondering, thanks

I rigged up a soft tie for motorcycles for my tow loops on the front. Just zip tied them close so they wont dangle around. When/if i get towed, the zip ties will breay and leave the strap perfect for towing!!! pete, i'll buy a few tow loops off of you if you wanna sell three!

kid4now

X-H
i have ride surf at least once a week all summer,and we havent needed to tow too many people(knock on wood).

do that many people need a tow during the freeride?

i normally dont, but i will have tow loops(front and back)
and always carry a rope.

just wondering, thanks

There like seat belts you dont plan on things going wrong but sometimes they do. The one time you take a big hit your ski wont restart and your getting beaten up by waves breaking on you and someone pulls up hooks you up and pulls you out of the break and to calmer water you will be gald you had them. They are a convenience for normal break downs but a must for emergencies. Just my opinion.

Stricky

**SoFlo Surf Sluts**
for small surf, towing is not an issue.... only when conditions can hurt you is when this is imperative...

seen WAY to many situations get deadly quick and the only way is to be prepared....front & back loops and a rope with QUICK access and connection.

most of us sluts use a rope around your waist with caribeaners on each end we wear it like a belt.. shiat goes wrong, hook up and go! :fing02:

WaHoo_1

Surf Swimmer
but just remember, when someone needs to get towed in, and you just pass them by with no means of helping, karma may kick in later on in the ride when you break down.

..... not that id not tow someone because of their lack of rear tow-loopage.

ive even towed in surf sluts. i leave nobody just floating there and stranded!

I know this might sound harsh but when you ride in the surf tow loops front and back and a tow rope are a must have items. These items are not for convenience they are to save your ass or someone elses from getting hurt and you ski from getting pummeled in bigger surf when you get stuck in the break. If you don't have them get them. Of course with this group of people if you need help one of us is going to come to help, tow loops or not. But you know what, if you only have a front to loop and don't have a back one my opinion is swim your own dam ski in and I hope you dont get hurt. Only having a front tow loop means one thing your willing to take help but not give back or help someone else because you care more about put a whole in your ski then helping.

For those that have not rode in bigger or rougher surf this is not a joke.

well said on both accounts... doesn't make any sense to have one on the front and not on the rear as well. All that says is "I'm prepared to be towed in but you're sh*t outta luck if the role was reversed." But yea luckily for this event, there should hopefully be enough guys around. I've tried to help guys in the surf before with no tow loops... it's not fun- especially when conditions are crappy/ dangerous.

Top Bottom