Tow loops/rope

i will have them on my boat... i was just wondering if that many people are going to be floundering around out there.

usually the two extremes are floundering.. the guys who REALLY suck and just swamp/sink their boats, or the guys who are REALLY good and just totally f up a big backy or something and lose their boats or lawndart into the bottom..

other than that, there aint that many incidents normally... but... its more of a 'better safe than sorry' approach i guess is the moral of a lot of people in this thread. :wink:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
i will have them on my boat... i was just wondering if that many people are going to be floundering around out there.

you would be surprised. Many will be because their ski's have been sitting up and they get out there and they are not running right....... 2006 I took mine with a fresh rebuild, we rode on friday down at the inlet, I spent part of the day getting it tuned in.

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
So when someones SJ needs a tow I'll just ride by and say "must just be resting, cause yamahas don't break" and ride away.:bs2::moon:

:joke:

:haha: haha...
after this thread I better not need a tow this weekend. :chairshot:

all i gotta say is... I am hoping no-one has a major ski problem. highly unlikely, but it would suck to make the trip and have a problem. Personally, my free time to ride is pretty limited, so I hate to see anyone have to stop and wrench when they could be riding.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
you would be surprised. Many will be because their ski's have been sitting up and they get out there and they are not running right....... 2006 I took mine with a fresh rebuild, we rode on friday down at the inlet, I spent part of the day getting it tuned in.

we are bringing 5 skiis down and leaving thursday.

should be there by friday in the morning.

we are going to take them on a shakedown ride on the bayside friday am. two of the skiis coming down have been completely apart. i am bringing plenty of spare parts and tools just incase

the other three a skiis are good to go.. just need charged batteries, fresh plugs and gas.

hopefully we get some surf though... those reports arent looking so swell

i ride with motoman25 and i allways have a rope and always have a tow loop in the front of my ski. 1st time i put one in the back .your riding spot your rules. but where we ride if you have a break down its not a 100 foot tow its a 3 mile tow so we use a 30 foot long rope. for this ride i will be using a 6 footer. i am a pro at towing people in. i cant do a back flip (yet) but i can tow you in when yours dont work out for ya.lol

and yes moto the old sn is good to go!!

Last edited:

Waternut

Customizing addict
Well I certainly hope all the threats from people saying "if you don't have a rear loop, you're just going to get the finger" are only threats. I don't know about you guys but if I really saw someone do that to a fellow rider, I'd never want to ride with that guy again.

Here is what I've done to my ski. It's not the best but I don't have too many other options. Hope it's worthy of acceptance... I just put two loops on the side rails.

Attachments

• 000_0752[1].jpg
    000_0752[1].jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 43

ger87410

How did I get here?
Kawis are heavier, therefore better suited for towing SJ's......:headbang:

My superjet is about 20# heavier then my 550.

I will always stop to ask if someone needs help, whether they have loops or not. They can always grab my ankles.

what he said^ if your going down or quit running around me i will tow you in no-prop.
1990 sn all stock stickers stand up or shut-up sticker on the pole ny 7866 ua is my reg#. riding in the surf is all we do. someone show me how to do a back flip !!!!lol

kid4now

X-H
^^^^ A leg ????You are talking about lake break downs. I don't know if you have surf experience or not but grabbing ankle doesn't work. In bigger or bad surf now you are going to have 2 hurt people when your boats get smashed together with you in the middle from a breaking wave. This has nothing to do with helping or not its experienced people trying to teach non experienced people how to stay safe. The surf probably isn't going to bad but its better to be prepared. Ask the Surf Sluts, the Virginia guys ....they will all tell you the same.

Hope to see you there and have a good safe time.

Brad

Top Bottom