Other Tow Sled project............

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
Been thinking of doing this for awhile, and Whooiedog hooked me up with a old waverunner III hull, so I am doing it

The plan is this, a few of us ride out of the port here, a 15 min idle zone, then a good 10 min to a ride spot, but if we kept going, we could be at a even better ride spot. So if I were to make a tow sled, like a surf rescue sled to tow behind my XLT1200 that could hold a SJ and be towed at speed (20mph) and not worry about water ingestion, and give us a place to dock a ski and refuel, that would be sweet! I plan on gutting the ski, glassing up the pump area, then putting some more foam in the bottom and adding some bunks to it, and mounts to hold it to the XLT, I should be good.

81200742.jpg

3c3a944e.jpg

6e021fb2.jpg

ea179f9f.jpg

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
I hope it works, but the thing is so heavy right now even cut down. Its going to take 2 people to pick this thing up and move it around, thats the only sucky part. Its going to be a slow build, I need to get my XLT1200 running first, other wise its pointless.

I do plan on towing it right on the back of the ski like a hydro trailer or a rescue sled. I want it to be stable, and close for refueling and boarding

whooiedog

AKA El Hefe
I hope it works, but the thing is so heavy right now even cut down. Its going to take 2 people to pick this thing up and move it around

Your telling me.........I had to put that damn thing on the trailer by myself to bring it down to you! I never thought they were that heavy without anything in them. I'm used to moving around stand up and x2 hulls....lol

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
My 750SS hull I could move around easier by myself. Its still took two of us to put it into my back yard all cut up! It will probaly stay the same weight, after I cut some more out, and then glass some more crap on. Glad I have a truck!

Just thinking, why not just cut everything except for the nose/bow section and make a post in it to hook your bow eye up to. this way you can still get your ski on plane without the nose subing and u wont even need another spot on the trailer.

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
Just thinking, why not just cut everything except for the nose/bow section and make a post in it to hook your bow eye up to. this way you can still get your ski on plane without the nose subing and u wont even need another spot on the trailer.

thats kind of the idea. the SJ will dock inside the sled, and be towed. But I have no room on my trailer for any more skis, so it has to be put in the bed of the truck

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
Its not a hull, its a one off tow sled that I made to sit on the back of my XLT1200. I can lift this up and move it around myself. it took 3 guys to move the other hull after I stripped it down, and I would still have to add more weight to it, and my wife hatted it in the back yard. I just need to get it out on the water to try it out, and if it works, we will have a great floating base at our surf spot

Top Bottom