Super Jet Trim ..love it or hate it

From all of the threads i have read about it, what I have come to a conclusion is completely mixed reviews. It helps create a setup wake and can be very helpful (maybe even necessary, especially for flatwater) for certain tricks. But, it is more worthwhile to bump up your braap first. I think.

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
I have a strong Jetworks Lamey, run MS109, and all the good stuff and my trim cable has been broke for a month now and I REALLY miss it. IMO trim REALLY helps with the setup wakes.

I takes a while to get used to it and to learn when to pull the lever and when not to, but once you take the time to learn how to utilize it properly, it becomes a must have.

Now to answer your next question, I have used em all on different skis and would buy the Thrust straight pull again. Be prepared to buy a new cable every 1-2 years. Brian is working on a beefier cable but I have not laid eyes on it yet.

Theres my 2 cents. lol

ps-99% flatwater for me.

Waternut

Customizing addict
I have the CATS trim. Almost never use it. Occasionally, I'll get some balls and try to pull a backflip and use it but that's it. I've been trying to get a bigger setup wake with trim for a long time and can never seem to accomplish that. 1 out of 5 tries, I'll get a bigger wake with trim but then again....1 out of 5 without trim will be bigger than the others. I always seem to pump out a sharper cleaner wake without trim. Guess it's all what you're used to...

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
The better your trim system, the less you have trouble with it.

That said, if I wasn' constantly trying half-assed flatwater backflips, I would sell mine. I can flip off boat wakes bigger and better without trim.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
in surf you don't need it. I find it helps build bigger setup wakes but it didn't help me with flatwater rolls any.

I can get my heavy pig of a ski about 90% around on flatwater with no trim. I have never had it installed on my ski but I have rode other skis with trim before.

Last edited:

Tkmww

Tanner M.
I use mine all the time! I ride 99% surf. But it is really shallow and mostly small waves in FL so it helps to get you all the way around and not break off the nose. My buddy jim doesn't have it so he has to go bigger and when the rotation isn't made...bye bye nose! I consider it training weels. I had a cable brake once because the cable rusted. But i have covered the cable from bars to firewall with rubber tubing and lube it every few rides with wd40 and it is working great! Bigger surf you don't need it but like conrad said, better to have and not use than need and not have.

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
I use mine on my SX-R every time, quick turn of the nose and I'm sending an 84mm blast of water straight at your face.

You might want to look the other way. Just a heads up.

I use mine on my SX-R every time, quick turn of the nose and I'm sending an 84mm blast of water straight at your face.

You might want to look the other way. Just a heads up.

X2 ^^^^^^^ LOL!!!

I use it every time I ride!! Especially when going for flips. And of course the awesome spray you can throw at your buddies like Shonuff has mentioned above!!! I'm stuck in a flatwater situation all the time pretty much unless we get the big cruisers coming through. I like having it, if you get used to it; you can actually get your flatwater hops/jumps higher if you time it right, and pull up with your feet. I would really miss it if I didn't have it. I guess to each his own though.

I like mine. I made a cats. I can get consistent bigger wakes with it. So I like it and it cost me about $140 ish. I had to make a cable my self. Just bought the sheath off ebay (25ft worth.. yeah i have extra lol) Then ace or really any hardware store has the 90 lb cable for like .15 cents a foot. I have a good wake figured out for a roll. But have not worked on a good wake for flips.

It adds another thing to play with. I get bored and I like to keep modding my ski to keep me happy.

SXR-FOREVER

Finally Flippin
I love my EZ pull with a passion!! I use it every day I ride. I have a buddy who had a stock sj bpiped with a head and using his trim he was landing backies off cruisers all day long.

Top Bottom