Trinity Composites Matrix Pro Hull

I'm glad it made a safe trip to you. Looking forward to seeing the build up and hearing what you think of the hull in the water.

Glad it made it safely to bobby. I've been stressing so much thinking that something might happen to it. Thanks heaps for all your help and tech support.
Mate you have a gift. I dont know how you make something so different but everything from the SJ just fits straight up. I have started putting the pump unit in and its just a breeze. No shims or anything needed.
The finish on the inside is great and the body lines you went with on the outside are just awesome. Its not until you see it in person to really appreciate it.
I just fitted the pole to it this afternoon. I'm loving the look of it all being white. Looks so clean.

SJ Thumpa

SJ THUMPA
Nice choice Mardon. Worth a trip across the ditch just to have a look. Care to share the freight means and cost? Know that anxiety feeling but the "Xmas as a kid" feeling when opening it makes it all worth while. Good on ya!

Nice choice Mardon. Worth a trip across the ditch just to have a look. Care to share the freight means and cost? Know that anxiety feeling but the "Xmas as a kid" feeling when opening it makes it all worth while. Good on ya!

Hi mate
yeh I still can't believe I have it. All the boys over here are so jealous haha. It's exciting having the 1st on in the country.
I got a shipping company over here to take care of everything for me which I think was a big mistake. In the end with all the taxes, duties and whole lot of other things that I don't understand what the hell they are it costed me around 2500aud which is about 2000usd. That hurt when I got that bill.

Well its all done and dam this thing is awesome. Everything was so easy to swap over. The only little drama was seeing this hull was designed for a fuel cell and had a special bracket made to hold the tank there was no anchor points for the water box and fuel tank straps. So I got made up some small brass blocks with a tapped 6mm thread and glued them to the floor then bolted on the oem floor hooks. Easy fix..
I cant believe how perfect everything lines up. We dropped the motor in and checked the alignment and it was spot on. Not one shim needed.
I rode it for the first time yesterday on flat water.. Blown away with how stable it is. Just like in bobby's vids on youtube I can be ideling and it just sits there. So easy to ride.
Today I got take it in the surf but seeing it was 30 knot winds making it a washing machine and I was nursing a terrible hang over I could do much out there besides a few rolls. I was thinking because of the light weight that it would get bounced around everywhere but I reckon it handles it better than my SJ. Especially with the high nose it didn't nose in through the chop at all.
I didn't get any good video from today in the surf but i got a bit of footage from yesterday on the flat water. Its not the most exciting video but just wanted to show everyone how it handles. This is the first time I have every tried backflips and barrel rolls on the flat water so be kind haha and sorry for the bad video takin, my mate has no idea what he's doin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trinity Composites

Lightweight Evolution
Well its all done and dam this thing is awesome. Everything was so easy to swap over. The only little drama was seeing this hull was designed for a fuel cell and had a special bracket made to hold the tank there was no anchor points for the water box and fuel tank straps. So I got made up some small brass blocks with a tapped 6mm thread and glued them to the floor then bolted on the oem floor hooks. Easy fix..
I cant believe how perfect everything lines up. We dropped the motor in and checked the alignment and it was spot on. Not one shim needed.
I rode it for the first time yesterday on flat water.. Blown away with how stable it is. Just like in bobby's vids on youtube I can be ideling and it just sits there. So easy to ride.
Today I got take it in the surf but seeing it was 30 knot winds making it a washing machine and I was nursing a terrible hang over I could do much out there besides a few rolls. I was thinking because of the light weight that it would get bounced around everywhere but I reckon it handles it better than my SJ. Especially with the high nose it didn't nose in through the chop at all.
I didn't get any good video from today in the surf but i got a bit of footage from yesterday on the flat water. Its not the most exciting video but just wanted to show everyone how it handles. This is the first time I have every tried backflips and barrel rolls on the flat water so be kind haha and sorry for the bad video takin, my mate has no idea what he's doin.

YouTube- trinity first ride.mov

Very cool, looking forward to some surf vid.

Trinity Composites

Lightweight Evolution
Updated ride report from Luke in Australia. Copied from a thread Luke started in pics and vids.

Giving the Trinity a hard time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vid from today. The surf was a little messy but a good test for the trinity. very impressed with how it handles the choppy conditions. Its so much better than my Sj and its just awesome for wave riding. With its high nose it makes it so hard to nose it in going down a wave.
I had a few little engine problems mainly fouled plugs which caused me to lose power going up the wave for a barrel which is why I had to bail. It landed fully upside down heaps of times and on its side from bad barrels but still handled the abuse just fine. Only time will tell with how it all holds up but i'm confident i wont have any dramas. Couldn't be happier..

Last edited by a moderator:

Trinity Composites

Lightweight Evolution
Here is a couple pics to the start of a Matrix ES build.
DSCF6277.jpg

DSCF6387.jpg

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I know Bobby is dying to get these out there so here's a few pics of my finished "ES" Hull. I couldn't be more pleased with how it turned out and can't wait to complete the build and get it in the water. Bobby is a true craftsman and it shows in his work. My only regret is not ordering a second one at the same time.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

120lbs being pushed around by that Xsxream PV motor is nothing.

Ski looks great. Pretty much all of my skis are black, think it is awesome.

Scottie

Top Bottom