SX/SXi/SXi Pro turfing question

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I'm going to just pad the bottoms of the holds and leave the insides of them bare so the stiched pockets still line up good. Good call on the extra padding around the sides. I'm gonna gave to get some more pad coming so I can do that.
And yes that makes perfect sence on the rails and the chin pad. I was hopeing someone had seen that done before. Seem like the pole would look funny without the foam.

Good find, I dont like that either. I went ahead and did mine today. I hope the turf isnt overkill, its pretty loud lol

IMG_1975.jpg

IMG_1974.jpg

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
Finally got a chance to work on my ski some more. Runnin out of Hydro Turf though, had to give Blowsion a call. Tonight i got the dash turfed, chinpad turfed, motor back in and hooked up, fuel selector, bilge fitting, primer, and new limiter rope mount.0202012213a.jpg0202012111a.jpg0202012204.jpg0202012110.jpg0202012111.jpg0202012107.jpg

Attachments

• 0202012107a.jpg
    0202012107a.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Just go slow and take your time. Nice thing about turfing is you have 24hrs to stick it. I make paper patterns of everything and then cut them a little big to account for curves. Make sure to double coat everything and wait at least 20 minutes to stick it. I even triple coat in high stress areas like the rails, tail, and inside of footholds. Any Q's don't hesitate to get ahold of me, Jeff@509freeride.com

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
i usually just put the glue on both surfaces, let it dry, and then just wing it! haha. hasnt failed me yet! u can use a rubber mallet to help bond the glue of both surfaces too.

JHD

Site Supporter
Do you glue, wait, then use heat to mold into place.... or do you heat and mold before you put the glue on?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
The glue takes at least 15 minutes (more like 30) to dry enough for putting the turf down.
So you glue first, wait for it to dry, heat the turf, then put it down.

*The glue is contact cement. It must be dry before joining surfaces.

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
correct. also after u put the turf down, i use a rubber mallet and gently hit the turf, just to make sure 100% contact of all the glue(no air bubbles)

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
FINALLY FINISHED!!! rails are done! finally got around to just doing it. sucks working in a crowded garage! but with the extra hour of daylight, it inspired me to get this thing back together! turf is done, motor is in, now just need to find the rideplate, put it on and pray for warmer weather!!
0309011826.jpg0316012211.jpg

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
ill prolly end up pulling it all off next winter, and give a shot at painting it myself....just wasnt brave enough for that this year. lol.

Top Bottom