SX/SXi/SXi Pro turfing question

astandupguy

beer/jetski=good
shes finally done, just in time for spring

jet ski pics 020.jpgjet ski pics 026.jpgmy first complex turf job, all one piece sides, i used a heat gun the hole time, man my thumbs got hot, but it came out so bitchin!jet ski pics 027.jpg

Quick question, how much can you strech turf? I cut both my tray sides about 1/2 inch too short. If I heat it can I get it to go or do I just need to spring for another $70 sheet of turf?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Nah, you can stretch it. Just be sure to stretch it across the entire width of the tray, not just at the edges.

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
yea, otherwise ull end up with noticibly streched diaomonds on teh edges... i had to returf one of my rails cause i cut it too short and had to strech it, and it looked funny

thanks, I'll give it a try. I really dont want to have to returf it later. I put 5mm foam on the whole tray (8mm on the bottom) and can only imagine how messy it would be to take it all off.

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
they sell a abrasive wheel for ur drill, its for stripping paint pretty much. thats what i used to take off my old turf and foam, cut through it like butter. it will come in handy when u decide to change color schemes(ive turfed my ski twice now in 1 year..lol ). post pics when ur all done

Got the sides and dash done, Hopefully I have time tonight to stick down the tray bottom and finish the rails. Didnt turn out too bad.

IMG_2332.jpg

IMG_2333.jpg

IMG_2334.jpg

What size shoe do you wear and how do your feet fit in the footholds? Also are those digger footholds, and lastly did u go with 8mm or 25mm padding?

I wear a 10 1/2, fits perfectly snug with shoes on. yes those are diggers with 5mm pad on the sides and in the holds and 8mm on the bottom. If i do it again ill use 25mm pad but cut out footprints and use 8mm inside the cutouts for better looks. just didnt want to deal with it this time around.

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
looks sick. the first time i turfed mine (last year) i just put 8m on the bottoms of the footholds(nothing else on the tops of the inside of the holds). this time around i did 8mm on everyhting and hten 25mm on top of the tray and cut out my foot prints like ur talkin about. ive got the Rickters in mine, wear a size 12, and they fit perfect i think! (almost feel locked into the ski..not sure if thats a good thing though. lol...ankle-breakers for sure!) lol. COME ON WARMER WEATHER!!!

Top Bottom