Turn Sub

TURN SUB: a cool-looking, super easy trick to do. Start out at quarter throttle or less (5-10 mph), put your right foot in the front left corner of the tray up against the dash and put your left foot in the water beside the boat like you're doing a leg drag. Lean forward and crank the bars left and drop the hammer. you'll corkscrew straight down and if you keep it pegged, you can go deeper than a regular sub by far. The neat thing is that on the way down, your pump will do a sweet fountain and any onlookers who are unfamiliar with standups will be held in worshipful awe and reverence of your "skill." especially easy on the nose-heavy SXR. So if us lowly Kawi riders can manage it, I'm sure it will be a snap for all you high-and-mighty SJ riders

what if I'm dominant with my left foot and hand>?

would i just switch footing position and crank the bars right instead of left? or it dosent matter>?

oh and i have no problems doing it on my SJ

baxt3r

BBQ
Once you begin the turn downwards, where should your weight be? I keep knocking myself off the ski in one way or another. And is the leg in the water necessary? My biggest issue is not getting back into the throttle and having my weight too far back. I'm getting the turn and beginning of the sub, but lose it shortly after if the nose keeps going down (natural response is to let off the throttle to come back up(I guess I need to trust that the ski is not going to take on that much water that fast)).

New to stand ups. I have a 750sxi. When I sub. The fills up alot. I do have a bildge, but am I able to plug the hood holes? Or will I over heat.

baxt3r

BBQ
You need air. Don't plug the holes. Welcome to the X but posts in the right section will get more responses. Try the areas dedicated to each type of ski.

Its easier with a full tank. Years ago I could do them on my first 650sx, then I lost 25lbs and couldnt get the nose to go under.

itismejoshy

I Do What I Can...
It doesnt help when I can sit and float on top of the ski standing while its not running... i cant get it under :(

haha, i couldnt do that with my sj sitting on the bottom...have you tried it with a FULL tank? thats what makes the difference for me and im 200+ lbs. it was also easier before i add sponsons too...keep tryin it's one of those trick that the first time you nail it you can do it every time!

itismejoshy

I Do What I Can...
TURN SUB: easy on the nose-heavy SXR. So if us lowly Kawi riders can manage it, I'm sure it will be a snap for all you high-and-mighty SJ riders

Just noticed this....haha...hey i know many a SXR riders that are good...but something just seams to hold them back....havn't nailed it yet but something.... :) jk

IS0LD0UT

I hate winter
Its all about the transfer of weight to the front, letting off the throttle, turning and gas. I only weigh in at 145 and I can do it with my fx1 and stock SJ. Keep practicing you will get it.

baxt3r

BBQ
I try them once in a while with 2 usual results. 1) ski slides out from under me rather quickly and 2) I back off the throttle when I feel like the nose isn't diving. I have to remember to keep committed to it.

My other problem is rolling over on the inside of the turn. I suck at this jet ski thing. :)

Top Bottom