Turn Sub

baxt3r

BBQ
I went out and did a little work on this one. Was able to get fairly deep but would not be able to ride out. I was using the leg in the water method to get it going. Should I be bringing my leg back into the tray as soon as the nose starts to dive? Every time I would come off towards the inside. I definitely need to figure out where my weight should be.

Just learned this last weekend... Got excited and pulled like 6 in a row with out planing out my ski... Needless to say I had to swim it to shore and empty the water lol

@Aquaholic that was an awesome ride out from sitting on the hood to popping out of the water standing in the tray... Pretty Slick!! I can ride around on the hood like that but have always felt kind of goofy crawling around on the ski tryi g to get back in the tray usually ending up swimming! Gonna have to give this a shot!!

Just bought a2014. First time ridding stand up. Modded the steering for quick steer.

I can't get this trick down. I can sometimes get it to go a little under but then it pulls the ski out of my hands. Most of the time I fall off or spin out.

He makes it look so easy.

Gonna practice more this weekend. Maybe I need to let the front go under slightly before I gas it. I've been turning and gasing it almost at the same time.

I still haven't got it down. But I'm a complete noob on stand ups. I bought mine last summer and only rode it on the weekends. I think I've tried it about a dozen times with only a handful of those times the ski would go a little underwater and pull out of my hands as I pinned the throttle. I haven't ridden since mid Sept. so I haven't got to try it anymore. I'm determined to get it down this year.

I found this video on youtube, the guys does a successful turn sub at the 24 second mark

His methods seem to differ from what you guys are trying
Anyways it is pretty cool so here is the link

So I got the subbing part down. First try went under no issue. could do them consistently. I'm having issues getting back into the ski and riding it out. Got my knee on it a couple times and slid off. Could use some advice. Going to work on them this weekend. Here's a video mid way through I sub it about a dozen times.

So I got the subbing part down. First try went under no issue. could do them consistently. I'm having issues getting back into the ski and riding it out. Got my knee on it a couple times and slid off. Could use some advice. Going to work on them this weekend. Here's a video mid way through I sub it about a dozen times.
I have tried a turn sub but i cant get the nose to sink under the surface of the water

I have tried a turn sub but i cant get the nose to sink under the surface of the water

In the Begging, I found that its easier to sub the jetski if you go slower. Also A full tank of gas really helps weigh down the front. When you are going to sub it, lean forward, turn hard, pin the throttle, and commit.

In the Begging, I found that its easier to sub the jetski if you go slower. Also A full tank of gas really helps weigh down the front. When you are going to sub it, lean forward, turn hard, pin the throttle, and commit.

Thanks, ill try the subs again with your tips

Top Bottom