Surfriding ***UPDATED*** To Barrel Roll or to not barrel roll- oceanside

Well, I am 100% new to surf riding and brought my ski down with me to Southern California where I am doing an internship. Linked up with a couple of the guys down here in oceanside and well here it goes.

Got the GoPro too so I can make the best of my time down here. This is where I am at. Frist video made so nothing too fancy!

Thanks to Jake Bright for the help and laughs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a great start. YOU NEED FOOTHOLDS!!! LOL That should be a promo vid for anyone on the fence about putting hold in thinking they dont kneed them lol

haha i tell myself im gonna do one everytime i go out! but always chicken out! respect for throwin it down! when i ride with you guys itll probably make me nut up and try it tho!:splatt:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Great attempts!!!!!!!!! Get some footholds or straps (I am not a strap person) but better than nothing!!!!!!!!!!!

As you go up the wave, crank the bars, drop your left elbow and shoulders. Imagine your trying to look up under your ski.... The ski will follow. Basically lead with your head

haha thanks for the words guys. Yeah, I've got some Dakine Straps that I bought I just didn't know how I ride in the "surf" so I didn't know where to put them. That was my second time in the surf and attempted the rolls then because I also just put hood straps on.

I will put the straps on tonight and I THINK Im going riding this weekend. I will deff post my progress with video's. Hopefully Ill land a couple next time out. :)

u gotta big sack or small brains to try without footholds or straps ;). get your straps in and go a little bigger so you can complete you're rotation and you'll be set.

gc4

I'd be lost without the x
That is pretty much how my barrel roles go with my footholds, can't get past halfway. Hurts like a mother fu€ker sometimes.

Top Bottom