Versiplug installation PICS...

I used 5200 on the bulkhead, And marinetex on the exit, I ground the hull and pvc at @45 degree angle and filled with the marinetex, and sanded smooth. but I also was refoaming at the time, so I west system'd with woven roven on the inside around the tube. No leaks what so ever, and I don't need to use the bildge pump unless I'm washing the engine compartment. I've had the max in my boat for over a year now, went to hang with Scorn800 a couple of weeks ago at Tice's. let my ski float in the bay for 2+ hours without a drop of water getting in. Still have to watch out for zipties tho, no mater what type of valve you have.

Last edited:
...and I don't need to use the bildge pump unless I'm washing the engine compartment.

First, nice install! I have one of these on order right now too.

What happens when the ski is on it's side, not moving....won't it just fill right up with water without a bilge pump running? (My WCF hood flows about 300 gallons/sec when on it's side.)

I've read about using 'street 45°s' to get the intake hole lower and to the inside of that tab you ground off. Is this only possible when refoaming from the top or can you come at it from both ends and refoam through that stock hole in the bulkhead?

I've had no problem at all, My ski is even Pancake approved, I'm using a WDK diablo hood. Haven't sank it yet. I'll try harder. Foaming question, I don't know. I cut mine apart before the refoam so Impossible to answer even about the 45 , sorry

kraqus

Site Supporter
I cut that sucker out...and drilled the hole for the PVC pipe.

IMG_0189.jpg

I could've probably cut the hole a bit lower but I will be filling that bottom area with some "peanut butter" when I get to reinforcing the sides. I will make sort of like a ramp for the water to exit easily.

IMG_0193.jpg

I cut some teeth into the PVC pipe. I will use them to "drill" my way into the bilge.

IMG_0199.jpg

I love my Dremel !!! Little guy screams and it's unstoppable....

IMG_0196.jpg

The hole in the back is a bit bigger than the pipe as I am putting and extension at the end. I don't want to say too much but you will see it when it's done.......

OK I am going in !!!

IMG_0201.jpg

To Be continued.....

Benny

madscientist

chilling with these guys.
the ball just stops in the cone plugging it up. i haven't heard of a collapsed ball yet.

it doesn't get bent or tweeked like the flap style scuppers can from the pressure.

madscientist

IT SHOULD WORK GREAT. JUST INSERT IT FROM THE BILGE SIDE. it will still work just the same. just make sure your pipes are sealed and glued well in case the pressure want to pop it apart in side the hull

madscientist

the versa max just inserts inn the pipe and is sealed in place by large o-rings and held in place by set screws, so yes it could just be slid in from the bilge side on that set up and work well.

Cannibal

Tasty Human
If you insert it from the bilge side, you couldn't get to the screws. Maybe you could drill and tap a couple from the back side of the Versiplug Max?

If you dump into the pump well at a 45* angle, it will give enough room in the angled pipe to insert your Versiplug Max into. Or, you could go with the Versiplug R, which is the same size as the Max (I was told) but with a flange mount. Then mount your tube flush like a supper tube and screw and seal the flange over it.

Even at a 90* angle like fals3illusion's tube, there looks to be enough tube after the elbow to insert the plug into.

Last edited:

madscientist

:bigok:
If you insert it from the bilge side, you couldn't get to the screws. Maybe you could drill and tap a couple from the back side of the Versiplug Max?

If you dump into the pump well at a 45* angle, it will give enough room in the angled pipe to insert your Versiplug Max into. Or, you could go with the Versiplug R, which is the same size as the Max (I was told) but with a flange mount. Then mount your tube flush like a supper tube and screw and seal the flange over it.

Even at a 90* angle like fals3illusion's tube, there looks to be enough tube after the elbow to insert the plug into.
\

:bigok:

I have a leaky shower I need you to take a look at :biggrin:.

Seriously, that looks great! I noticed you had easy access and didn't bother angling the inlet down to the lowest part by the mid shaft. Is it not worth the hassle for only a few millimeters lower pickup?

yeah that was a mistake on my end,it was my first one way and i totally should of made it lower, but its too late now.

and is that really a good looking one way? lol (or r u being sarcastic)

Top Bottom