Video from Surf Slam

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
I'm completely exhausted but found enough energy to put up a clip. When Friday's 3:20PM huge sneaker wave hit I was run over by two superjets. Motorhead is whining about getting hit by one ski! I am still limping a little.

The clip is the Pro Finals of Ross Champion and Mike Serlin. Unfortunately the announcer said Ross was in yellow which was wrong. I was planning on keeping the video cam on Ross but it was Mike. Don't say should have seen his boat. You can't see the boats through the viewfinder. It is still rather entertaining watching what is mostly the "loser". There is also the fun of trying to get the guy next to you to STFU so the announcer can be heard. There are other videos of Ross on his earlier rounds I will get to later.

Ross and Mike

There is lots of amazing stuff to come.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
That final heat between Ross and Mike was awesome.
I thought they both performed very very well.

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
I am glad you found enough energy, Burning Carb's is a really good idea!!??
Some of my energy has been going to healing for a couple days. The wife and I got whacked pretty good. As we were leaving Crab said it was like SJ bowling. I said "but it sucks to be the pins".

The people that picked us up looked rather concerned right after the incident. It would have been nice to have video to review of that. It would have needed to be a waterproof helmet cam. Been feeling like I lost a fight. Then I shot 3+ hours of video Saturday and Sunday. It takes a lot more than 3+ hours to do that much video.

Even though I got the crap beat out of me 15 minutes after getting there it was a great event.

Last edited:

SkiNaked

Stand up or Shut up!
Great Video. It was a fun event. I helped pick up a few folks and a dozen or so skis. I spend most of the weekend pulling skis up and down the beach. Great times and some awesome surf. The races went great as well.

stanton

High on jetskis.
nice. mikes first reentry was epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ida been all over that outside break. was it face choppin out there bad?

i cant wait to see some am. vid. i know them guys rocked it aas well
oh yea, it was so foamy and chopped it was a deathtrap. there was no rescue from out there.
yea we(me mark and chris) want to see our final!:cheer2:

SkiNaked

Stand up or Shut up!
You have to get past those first two or three sets to get clean waves. Lots of the amateurs did not get out of the crap and back to the clean stuff. It was better on Sunday. There were stretches were the back few sets had over 15 foot faces. Pretty bitchen surf. Just not for the faint at heart!

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
I got every heat but one like AM 1/4 final. Didn't get back to the cam from socializing fast enough. If they got to there I got video of them before that heat. I have over 3 hours of hot action.

I was switching back and forth between riders so there should be something of everyone. I did tend to favor the west coasties and our local boys.

You folks thought the surf was wild? That's just boring late summer surf. It gets insane during the winter. It was bit less crazy in Grayland, WA at our local competition August 29th. Check out the highlight clips from there while you wait for more surf slam video. Adam Bingaman and Todd Rijken were tearing it up:
http://www.barry-blanchard.com/movies/jetski/freeride/graylandopen2009.html

Got done feeding it all into the computer today and did some processing. In regards to the next clips I was thinking of working my way backwards from the Pro Finals to the Pro Quarter finals. Then do the same with AM. Sound reasonable?

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
I got every heat but one like AM 1/4 final. Didn't get back to the cam from socializing fast enough. If they got to there I got video of them before that heat. I have over 3 hours of hot action.

I was switching back and forth between riders so there should be something of everyone. I did tend to favor the west coasties and our local boys.

Sounds good. I would love to see my heat against Buffachi. Glad you were recording!

R

ridethelip

No you don't. Friday and Saturday the surf was insane, huge and close together.
The backset, which was a loooong ways out, probably had 20ft faces.
did you say the outside before the reform?
Did anyone go out and drop in on those bombs? Randy the "mayor" Lane

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Ross was the only one that rode the back set. He rode one wave from the back set all the way to the beach. He just cutting back and forth and doing surf slashes and reentries of the same wave.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Here are a couple of pics of how big the sets were. Shots were taken a mile down the beach at Cape Kiwanda.

649837816_AB6Hh-XL.jpg

649837414_smHnb-XL.jpg

wayne

wannaroll
i don't think i would want to get out in that. that looks hairy. i was talking to skinnyman and he said it was insane. he was going to race, but with the surf like it was the cancelled the pro am and other races.

JFB

MOTOSURF4JK
Does anyone have video of the first HEAT with Pierre and myself ---like to see that heat.

Top Bottom