vomitspots build

grind the pv's, i had a machine guy do it to be safe. Jeff's head will be just about the only head except for oem that you will get to seal properly. I have riva big bore head that has entirely custom cut domes in it ( couldn't get the riva domes to seal). sorry no leads on the msd tl, i heard advent was going to have an ignition for it, did they come through with it yet? Tom

im aware of the head situation
back when i was having a issue with my riva cdi i emailed advent but got no reply
im sure warmth is right around the corner its running late!
if i cant get the bottom end i want ill bb it or tl it or both
im sure the battery will out last the fuel supply !

here a little update
holy moly the 66e pulls hard!
but it wasnt good enough
been chasing a low end bog for several months
tried almost everything i could think of ate 3 pistons and 2 cylinders
changed from the novis to a set of red top 44s
got better fuel mileage
i think the bog was the cdi
currently has oem cdi in it and its ripping!
durring one of the piston failures i installed a set of gp1300 npv cylinders

future winter plans
msd tl new in box waiting on me
87 mm big bore again waiting on me
need to know what to do with the pvs
wdk is no help
also considering rev 6 gal fuel tank and relocating the batt box into the bulkhead

jason

RiverRat

I have heard that the riva gas operated pv help out on the low end......but they are pricey. I would just lock the oem valves in the up position. I would do the new WDK dry pipe. THe msd tl alone will help out big time, but the wet pipe is a limiting factor on those motors. I would also do some sort of water trap. The way the pipe is set up now, water can back flow to the rear cylinder and eat your pistons up. Cold water and a hot pistons don't mix well. Dry pipe is the only way to roll!

i wasnt aware of the water problem @ build time but have water injest a few times over last summer not real happy about that!
looking for options was thinking of a scupper over the exh outlet like kawie did in the 90s

Top Bottom