Want a hurricane hull? Think again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dose do you have any pictures of your issues? What's wrong with the hull exactly?
Don't get me wrong, I like my hull a lot and it does everything it's supposed to do. There are just cosmetic flaws where it looks like the finish and bodywork were rushed. The worst is in this picture and it was hiding under the graphics. I was pretty bummed when I pulled off the sticker. I am more upset about not getting any replys or callbacks because I am trying to buy new graphics.
It's just poor business.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 169
Don't get me wrong, I like my hull a lot and it does everything it's supposed to do. There are just cosmetic flaws where it looks like the finish and bodywork were rushed. The worst is in this picture and it was hiding under the graphics. I was pretty bummed when I pulled off the sticker. I am more upset about not getting any replys or callbacks because I am trying to buy new graphics.
It's just poor business.

Wow that's pretty bad considering its on the hood. Sorry to hear man.

The whole point of this is to just showcase the numerous people who have issues with there hull and have never come forward. Please speak up, it's ridiculous that a company is able to get away with this. And is willing to sell sub-par products locally and all across the globe.

I'm not necessarily directing this at this thread or any particular hull but I'm not sure what people expect when they buy a hull. You give me a half million dollar boat and I'll pick it apart in a hour. That's just the nature of how things are manufactured in the marine industry. I'm not saying it's right or wrong and your certainly entitled to your opinion of what's acceptable for what you paid for. I say it with boats and I'll say it with jetskis, no one could afford a jetski that is truly flawless. A 100% flawless jetski isn't going to happen without a hefty price increase. Businesses need to make money to survive and it's not going to happen building skis that are show quality for cheap. Don't get me wrong there are hacks out there and a ton of bad customer service but as long as it's not a structural problem everyone needs to keep in perspective what it would take to build a flawless ski.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not necessarily directing this at this thread or any particular hull but I'm not sure what people expect when they buy a hull. You give me a half million dollar boat and I'll pick it apart in a hour. That's just the nature of how things are manufactured in the marine industry. I'm not saying it's right or wrong and your certainly entitled to your opinion of what's acceptable for what you paid for. I say it with boats and I'll say it with jetskis, no one could afford a jetski that is truly flawless. A 100% flawless jetski isn't going to happen without a hefty price increase. Businesses need to make money to survive and it's not going to happen building skis that are show quality for cheap. Don't get me wrong there are hacks out there and a ton of bad customer service but as long as it's not a structural problem everyone needs to keep in perspective what it would take to build a flawless ski.

So is the fiberglass that's literally not attached inside my engine compartment not a defect? The gelcoat that had spider cracks fresh out of the mold? Air voids in my ride plate, all of the blistering on my bottom deck, and even small details like unfinished corners in the back where the two halves came together and it was left as bare fiberglass.

I understand it's hand made, but when I compared it to other skis at the lake from a competitor, they were really really nice. And have NONE of the issues I had, how is it that @Quinc bob gen 3 which was carbon lay up from 4 years ago basically sounds like my hull that was made 5 months ago? Poorly laid, not enough resin, and I know for a fact this thing will take on tons of water unless I fix all of the holes that it has.

As a former business owner, if you can't make a profitable product then get out of the business. Redesign the tooling, figure out better methods. INNOVATE! Be the on the leading edge. Not on the back burner.

And I really wouldn't care but he looked me square in the face and said he had no problem with my hull and the defects it had and that he FIXED his molds after he made these.

Why didn't he fix the molds after he popped the first bottom deck out? He let at least 5 skis go out with known defects. Is that good business practice? I don't think so. And several others in the industry agree with me.

So is the fiberglass that's literally not attached inside my engine compartment not a defect? The gelcoat that had spider cracks fresh out of the mold? Air voids in my ride plate, all of the blistering on my bottom deck, and even small details like unfinished corners in the back where the two halves came together and it was left as bare fiberglass.

I understand it's hand made, but when I compared it to other skis at the lake from a competitor, they were really really nice. And have NONE of the issues I had, how is it that @Quinc bob gen 3 which was carbon lay up from 4 years ago basically sounds like my hull that was made 5 months ago? Poorly laid, not enough resin, and I know for a fact this thing will take on tons of water unless I fix all of the holes that it has.

As a former business owner, if you can't make a profitable product then get out of the business. Redesign the tooling, figure out better methods. INNOVATE! Be the on the leading edge. Not on the back burner.

And I really wouldn't care but he looked me square in the face and said he had no problem with my hull and the defects it had and that he FIXED his molds after he made these.

Why didn't he fix the molds after he popped the first bottom deck out? He let at least 5 skis go out with known defects. Is that good business practice? I don't think so. And several others in the industry agree with me.

Like I said not directing this at you really, haven't seen your hull I person. Do you mind if I ask what kind of business you owned?

Like I said not directing this at you really, haven't seen your hull I person. Do you mind if I ask what kind of business you owned?

I ran an auto repair/custom fabrication welding business. My business partner kinda screwed me so I was no thanks, not to mention working 12+ hour days 7 days a week gets old.

So I took another job working for a guy making decent money and just kept the shop space for personal use now.

I didn't have the money to properly run the business so I decided this wasn't the best route in life for me. But am extremely thankful for the valuable learning experience. So that's why I get pissed when another small business owner treats a customer like garbage and puts out bad product with no pride.

CarbonCorban

AKA El Jefe
I am by no means an expert, but my RIP hull seems virtually flawless so far. Hasn't been on the water yet, but I have been working on getting it put together non-stop and have not found any flaws to speak of. Not to mention, no shims for pump or motor needed which to me seems amazing.

My old BOB had shims everywhere which isn't necessarily a bad thing, and I never had really any issues with it. I was just super impressed when I didn't have to shim anything on the RIP.

cookn

Kamikaze
Sounds like they spent too much time on their youtube tv series. I can understand the fact that when you pay good money for something you want to be the first one to screw it up and not have it like that from factory, but you also have to ask yourself why there is such a price gap in all these aftermarket hulls. Something has to give somewhere, why do you think the rickters were moved overseas? Again I'm not saying that it makes it acceptable to make junk, but history shows that every industry that gets popular begins to have issues with quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom