Freestyle Want eme q8 review?

Hi, I'm interested in buying an eme q8 hull for flat water freestyle. I just sold my gen1 bob and am debating a gen 2 or q8. I 61x 84mm fully ported motor to use, no mag pump. How are the q8 hulls? I wanna hear quality, ride, flip potential and whatever you can help me with. Look forward to hearing some details.

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
you can make a yami pump work and it is worth doing so.
The Q8 is a great hull for flips and rols and is light and super strong. If learning flips and rolls I highly recomend it as it will take the abuse that comes along with the learning process. It is adgile and takes some getting used to but for backies and flatwater arials it seems to be a nice setup. Cant speak for the Gen2 as I have never have the pleasure of riding one.
Seems like Q8 hulls can be had for about $4500 used and they are super proven!
DONT GET THE SKY HULL!!!! Get a Q8!

Thanks guys, ya I'd end up getting a kaw. Pump for it. I have a heavier gen1 hull now and could nose flips in on flat. So my big thing is I just want to at least be able to do that hopefully better being its lighter. Keep the ride reviews coming

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
Ive rode a Q8, at first i thought wow this thing is tiny! however, I think it handles really well, you can put it where ever you want. Also it comes out of the water supper easy!

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
I'm not a eme guy, but have rode the 3 Q8 models... The first Q8 was fun to ride , I think it would be great for learning flatwater ( flips, rolls, etc) ... The Q8 sky was hard to ride, not stable at all, just to make a setup wake was a workout.. I thought it was just me until I watched Lucas having the same issue, the new aerial rides night and day better than the sky, more like the first q8 but better...

If I was going to buy one I would look at Eric 's new aerial ... Looks great, rides good, flips nice... I'm not a fan of the kawi pump... After changing props in the Lenzi kawi guys can keep those pumps... I'll stick to yami pumps.....

Just my .02 cents, like I said I'm not an eme guy, never owned one just rode them....

ive rode both the q8 and sky and own a bob gen2

the orginal q8 seemed to ride nice turns nice setup wakes easy

eme sky rides a little harder and very nose high i found harder to setup wakes but on both emes they are nice quality but take also of time to build nothing just fits staight in

bob gen2 not an easy hull to ride at first but once you get the hang of it its a great hull flips and rolls easy strong and agile and a breeze to build took us 6 hours to transfer all my sj gear into it only bad point is the paint work isnt very good but that can be forgotten for the price and quality

JamesG

Site Supporter
I ride a Q8 Sky in the surf. It's definitely stable enough, it just takes a little time to get use to the way it handles. I love the way it rides; it's aggressive. I honestly don't know what these guys are talking about when they say the sky is a workout to ride..

Top Bottom