Super Jet WANT TO MAKE MY 90 SJ freestyle ski! NEW TO SPORT.

I just got a 1990 sj i want to tune up. looking for pipes, heads, reeds but its all new to me! what would be
good parts without destroying my savings.
also its not recharging the battery. i hear its either the rectifier or the stator. ide like input before i go tearing into the flywheel!!thanks any help is appreciatedIMG_2331.jpgIMG_0410.jpgIMG_0412.jpgIMG_0409.jpgIMG_0411.jpg

Byeai

"Cheetos-Man"
701 b pipe and high compression head some parts might be hard for the 650 to find

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

put a 701 in it. You should be able to do it for $800 easily ...especially if you consider you can sell the 650. Not sure if you'd need to replace the exhaust tube or not though, since I believe it's a smaller i.d. on the 650's.

Really, it's the right thing to do...a head, pipe, etc on that 650 will get it to the point of performing the same as a stock 701. You'd need all those items plus serious port work to make any "real" progress.

You'll have a much better foundation to build from after that...

'kotajoe

Do Good Crew!!!!!!
Get rid of the 650 and install a 701, do the steering mod, then start saving up some major coin for upgrades and hull mods.

i guess thats the plan. want to upgrade little by little. sophomore in college so i need to devote time to studies as apposed to banking for the ski

i guess thats the plan. want to upgrade little by little. sophomore in college so i need to devote time to studies as apposed to banking for the ski

look around on craigslist, sometimes you can get lucky and pickup a couch with a nice 701 maybe even 760 with a trailer for MAD cheap, mind you it probably has dirty carbs...then you can recover your money back by selling off parts and trailer, hull with title. etc etc...

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
Find you a friend at a dealership. If you can do the work yourself, i rebuilt a 701 to a 718 for 500 bucks. New crank and top end. That's including the $100 for boring. You'll still need the $800 b pipe. Some nice reeds and some carb work. Find one that's blown and build it slowly since your income is budgeted.

AZRIDER

stupid desert
put a 701 in it. You should be able to do it for $800 easily ...especially if you consider you can sell the 650. Not sure if you'd need to replace the exhaust tube or not though, since I believe it's a smaller i.d. on the 650's.

Really, it's the right thing to do...a head, pipe, etc on that 650 will get it to the point of performing the same as a stock 701. You'd need all those items plus serious port work to make any "real" progress.

You'll have a much better foundation to build from after that...

sideexhaust (dbl) is another option rather than replacing the exhaust tube with a rn's

find a 61x cylinder on ebay, cheap. Hell theres a guy on pwctoday selling a complete 701 top end with pistons and all that for 200 shipped. Bolt that onto your 650 with just some minor clearancing and it will hit just as hard as any other 701. People will advise against it, but while you wait you can run the 650 head, exhaust, and electronics untill you can upgrade to AM head, pipe, and other ignition.

Top Bottom