Custom/Hybrid Wasserjet, Rotary Engine teaser video

Rotron 300cc castings come from the same foundry we get our castings. Rotron advertises their 600cc engine having 66hp. This is rated for continuous HP in an aerospace application. There are design differences between their engine and ours but the castings for the rotor are the same.

The crighton engine uses different castings than ours. The casting in the 350cc size is larger and heavier than the 300cc casting. The 350cc casting would not work well in our hulls because of the distance between the crank and the outside diameter is too large for a direct drive. This 700cc engine can produce more HP, but the price per HP is substantially higher as these castings are only used for aerospace applications (an this special motorcycle project).

Thank you for a direct answer. I wish you the best of luck and will be watching with great anticipation.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

bird

walking on water
Site Supporter
A rotary is not a true 4-stroke with a piston and intake valves, but one difference between a rotary and a 2-stroke is that with a 2-stroke there are unburnt hydrocarbons passing from the intake port through the exhaust port and out the pipe. Unburnt oil and gas out the exhaust (Except in the direct inject models were you just have unburnt oil).

The 800cc E-tecs produce about 55PPM of Hydrocarbons. The 4-tec Aces produce 8-10PPM of Hydrocarbons. Not sure what you (bird) are saying "DI Two strokes have less emissions than a comparable 4 stroke". Now I will say that DI/ETEC or evinrude motor that produces 115hp only produces around 15ppm or less hydrocarbons. But this 115hp motor is a V4 with 1726cc of displacement. I don't think anyone wants this 350lb beast in their stand up?

We currently do not have test data for emissions but are confident with proper tuning, and other means we can get to CARB/EPA emission standards for marine vehicles.

The goal is not to get into a discussion about rotary Vs. other forms of internal combustion engines and their functionality but supply you with information about our company and this project.

Please give us a chance to prove the merits of our engine.

Wasn't trying to be a party pooper. Just stuff I've been following and wondering about.

Good work, we all want to see this WORK.

Melmack

(Timothy)
Following. This is awesome! Its exactly what I have been working on on my 300 project. I hope you guys can bring this to market at an affordable price. I had one of these drawn up in 1997 when the then new EPA rules almost wiped out the stand up market. Glad someone had the backing to get this rolling. I tried getting these builders to work with me and hit a brick wall when it cam to funding a prototype. Its good to see that someone got it rolling. If I can be involved in any way to help you guys promote or test down here in Texas, please let me know.

Not me riding. But need to keep an eye on the instruments to see whats going on with the engine. Water Temperature, rpm, bearing temperature, exhaust temperature...etc. Need to make sure it will be bulletproof.

You won't be impressed looking under the hood with all the thermocouples and other wires monitoring the engine.

Top Bottom