water box compare

Don 79 TA

Still Fat....
those skis have the front exhaust so they will tend to be louder
not sure how a TDR would sound with just rear exhaust
i don't know if you have dual exhaust or not
just a thought

i had thought the baffeled box with rear exhaust just gave it a more throater sound

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I got rid of my XMW box because of noise. I am back to OEM and there is no power difference.

Waternut

Customizing addict
I really like my factory pipe waterbox with rear exhaust. It's a wide open design and really doesn't make much more noise than stock. If you dry it out with a FCV, it will be louder once planed off but still not that bad.

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
those skis have the front exhaust so they will tend to be louder
not sure how a TDR would sound with just rear exhaust
i had thought the baffeled box with rear exhaust just gave it a more throater sound

thats about right.
my freestyle ported 701 in my square has a TDR waterbox and rear exhaust only. i love the way it sounds. very deep and raspy without being much louder than stock at all.

I you have front or dual exhaust DON"T do the TDR box. It is train wreck loud. I have mine on a 5mm stroker with dual exhaust and it can be heard over every other ski on the lake.

And I don't know about your lake but here loud usually means the opossum cops watch you like a hawk.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
thats about right.
my freestyle ported 701 in my square has a TDR waterbox and rear exhaust only. i love the way it sounds. very deep and raspy without being much louder than stock at all.

I don't know. I had my Roundnose set up with rear exhaust only through an XMW box, and it was crazy loud.

SN760

For Those About To Rock
Running a big bore 760 in my Square Nose with a TDR water box, no spray bar, water valve set up to start feeding the stinger water at 3800 rpm, rear exhaust. It sounds good, not TOO loud. :veryhappy: but I would not want to run this with a front side exhaust.

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
I ran an XMW box with a carbon B pipe, pretty much dry, no stinger fitting and stock rear exhaust and it wasn't terrible, loud but not too bad. Compared to my 66E and waterdawg pipe it was a sewing machine.

onlyFX-1

Jace Forest...BRAP!
This is with nose exhaust and a x-metal box. I hate how loud it is. The out let is above the bond line also. Soon I will fix all that

[video=vimeo;4169907]http://vimeo.com/4169907[/video]

Top Bottom