Waterdawg kustomz 1200 cc

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
The average joe can buy a WDK 1200..........

This is a bit far fetched.

$12,000 is what I charged for motor, carbs, exhaust, ignition, pump (whole drivetrain). But after getting fed up with the "any day now" speech (6 months+ worth), it was a nightmare getting my money back.

Update 10/21/2008: To make things clear because I was called out on it, the bill was $12,000. I paid $6,000 upfront clean and clear, and was to pay $6,000 on delivery. It took me quite awhile to get that $6,000 back.

That is a LOT of money considering the average income is in the $40,000 range. As badass as the jetski world is, spending 1/4ths of a years salary is not something "average joe" does (especially on only a DRIVETRAIN).

That dry pipe was always one of the reasons for the hold up...and it is still not totally done? unreal.

The 1200's that are out there are badass, but you have to remember, how long have these people waited, what is customer support like after the fact if in need of replacement parts...?

I am a believer of the GP800 powerplant, but by other means then WDK.

Take a look at the Negative Feedback area of this site for my experience with WDK if interested.

Last edited:
This is a bit far fetched.

$12,000 is what I charged for motor, carbs, exhaust, ignition, pump (whole drivetrain). But after getting fed up with the "any day now" speech (6 months+ worth), it was a nightmare getting my money back.

That is a LOT of money considering the average income is in the $40,000 range. As badass as the jetski world is, spending 1/4ths of a years salary is not something "average joe" does (especially on only a DRIVETRAIN).

That dry pipe was always one of the reasons for the hold up...and it is still not totally done? unreal.

The 1200's that are out there are badass, but you have to remember, how long have these people waited, what is customer support like after the fact if in need of replacement parts...?

I am a believer of the GP800 powerplant, but by other means then WDK.

Take a look at the Negative Feedback area of this site for my experience with WDK if interested.
there's some truth to this but you have to keep in mind that wdk is really custom so therefore hard to come by.
i've had my share of disagreements with jeff over delivery schedule but who else is out there making similar components?
the dry pipe seems to be the holy grail but i'm confident it will materialize eventualy.
wdk believes in what he's manufacturing and takes great pride in it.this shows in the end result.ie:the 1200 is jewel like
having said that,where's my ^&*%$ dry pipe jeff.i want to ride before i turn 50.
i think he said the 1200 was pumping 227hp with the dry pipe but the torque was way up there(i forget the #).
keep up the good work.

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
His stuff is amazing hands down - I will never say otherwise. I hope he keeps it up to! I really do. I hope I see them selling these monsters like hot cakes to people with out issue. At that time, maybe I'll reconsider.

The drama associated at this time with them is not worth the headache, especially when your dropping the coin I was - $12,000. It was never a "dissagreement" with delivery schedules, but myself just being bullsh*tted over and over until I finally was just fed up. There are many more people on this forum that have spent as much if not more then I have that have had a lot of problems but just will not speak about it in public.

If you can't deliver something in a certain time frame, just be blunt it. It is much better for business.

Last edited:
If you can't deliver something in a certain time frame, just be blunt it. It is much better for business.

While I had absolutely no problems with Jeff I totally agree with this statement.

Just be like..."dude...its gonna be up to a year but it will come".

How much does a 1200cc equiped ski weigh in at? If its really heavy do you really get that much bang for the buck? Or does the huge motor power just balance out when you calculate the power to weight ratio? How much does a WD 1200cc ski weigh?

Its just bigger billet cylinders and bigger pistons. I would imagine it is completely unnoticeable with that kind of raw power and torque.

GinoNewOrleans

Proud REPUBLICAN
there's some truth to this but you have to keep in mind that wdk is really custom so therefore hard to come by.
i've had my share of disagreements with jeff over delivery schedule but who else is out there making similar components?
the dry pipe seems to be the holy grail but i'm confident it will materialize eventualy.
wdk believes in what he's manufacturing and takes great pride in it.this shows in the end result.ie:the 1200 is jewel like
having said that,where's my ^&*%$ dry pipe jeff.i want to ride before i turn 50.
i think he said the 1200 was pumping 227hp with the dry pipe but the torque was way up there(i forget the #).
keep up the good work.

Your almost 50 now, you old SOB.

I am still amazed about how clueless people are about the 1200. Most powerful engine out there!!! Lameys are a freakin joke when compared to the brute force of one of these platforms :deal:

you do realize that all jeff did was make a billet cylinder with a bigger piston?
it is still based off the motor lamey designed for yamaha (66e & 66v)

you do realize that all jeff did was make a billet cylinder with a bigger piston?

come on, give the man some credit

EVERYTHING that is done by WDK is done IN HOUSE...

Jeff's mind really should not even be in the PWC world.....it is capable of SOOO much more

we are lucky to have such an innovator who even bothers with our piddly little sport

Last edited:
In the past EME only sold complete packages, but not anymore.

EME now sells motors, hulls, etc in additon to complete packages... Eric is now offering just the motor, hull or really any parts, plus he is a OEM Kawi/Yawaha dealer -- keystone powersports..

Check out his website for the new 1105 and 900cc www.ericmalone.com

Jeff's mind really should not even be in the PWC world.....it is capable of SOOO much more

we are lucky to have such an innovator who even bothers with our piddly little sport

it was the lameys are a freaken joke remark that i was talking about

dan new he was maxed out with the 62t cases that is why yamaha asked him to design a new motor

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
I remember reading on here that he helped or designed the 800 engines. But why didn't he do like WDK and make a mount kit and billet cylinders for the 800 instead of the 62T engines?

RiverRat

You do realize that you forgot to mention....jeff makes the vertical mount kit, and custom billet manifold, and modified reed blocks, and billet manifold, and dyno tuned dry pipe......and design and make custom PV's and he CNC's the cases for a perfect fit.

All he did was make a cylinder!!!???? Give me a break! Have you seen a 1200 apart!?

I was not dogging dan lamey.......I was saying that a 62t based lamey cylinder does not hold a candle to the 1200. Do the math......I'm not blowing smoke here

Lakeman

Stand Up All The Way

Dido!!! well said

We are lucky to have Jeff and his team thinking outside the box and coming up new ideas and products. He has many new things in the works that will complement his 1200 motor. All good things take time. I can't wait to see what he comes up with next.

it was the lameys are a freaken joke remark that i was talking about

dan new he was maxed out with the 62t cases that is why yamaha asked him to design a new motor

:shrug::Banane35::biggthumpup:

You do realize that you forgot to mention....jeff makes the vertical mount kit, and custom billet manifold, and modified reed blocks, and billet manifold, and dyno tuned dry pipe......and design and make custom PV's and he CNC's the cases for a perfect fit.

All he did was make a cylinder!!!???? Give me a break! Have you seen a 1200 apart!?

I was not dogging dan lamey.......I was saying that a 62t based lamey cylinder does not hold a candle to the 1200. Do the math......I'm not blowing smoke here

did you know Jeff builds hulls as well? :brap::Banane35::Banane35::Banane35:

Dido!!! well said

We are lucky to have Jeff and his team thinking outside the box and coming up new ideas and products. He has many new things in the works that will complement his 1200 motor. All good things take time. I can't wait to see what he comes up with next.

good bet is I wont be able to afford it :soapbox::brap::brap::brap:

I need to clear things up. I design and machine (make) all the metal parts that come out of WDK. My name is Chris Hartsook, co-owner. I have been at this 4 years here. Jeff and I work together on some projects both metal and composite no doubt. But nobodys taking ALL the glory for my work. Is this news to you?

So instead of posting "Jeff makes this", just say "WDK makes this".

vitaly

Анархия - мать порядка!
I need to clear things up. I design and machine (make) all the metal parts that come out of WDK. My name is Chris Hartsook, co-owner. I have been at this 4 years here. Jeff and I work together on some projects both metal and composite no doubt. But nobodys taking ALL the glory for my work. Is this news to you?

So instead of posting "Jeff makes this", just say "WDK makes this".
Thank you Chris for clarification.

Any idea who metroman is? Is that your test rider?

Top Bottom