Waveblaster Issue

I have a 93 Waveblaster that is completely stock. It ran greaat the first few times out, then i went out a month ago and it seemed to have lost its speed. I mean i could still get decent speed but what it really seemed to be lacking is quick acceleration. it was just a steadin increase in speed not a burst like it was win i bought it.
Over labor day weekend I took it out agian, this time it started out doing the same thing as last time, just alittle sluggish. Then i went to refill it with gas, got it back on the lake and it was extremely sluggish. I would pull the gas all the way and it would just go at a steady slow speed, it would it also had an extremely rough ideal. it almost sounded like it was starving for gas but that couldnt be the case.

Any Ideas? Thanks for any advice.

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
completely stock = still oil injected?
if so, it may not be getting enough oil and starting to seize
or you may need to rebuild carb and clean/replace internal fuel filter

Process of elimination.
Check compression
Check to make sure both cylinders are sparking
Clean jets in carb and fuel screen locate inside carb.

Let us know what you find and we can help from there.
If you can give us any more details that would help. It sounds like you might be on one cylinder. Try pulling one plug wire off while its running and see if it dies. The try the same thing with the other cylinder. Be ready to get zapped. It's great fun.

Top Bottom