Custom/Hybrid WCF Surf/ Rec hull, Wide bond rail hull project

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
I am off to another project! I am upgrading my SN to a carbon watercraft factory hull! This was used mostly as a frestyle hull (some may recognize it) and now I am going to turn it into a surf hull and a hull for playing around on flat water. I wish I could do a quick build, and have it ready for daytona, but I am in the process of moving, (see mess in garage) so I have to move before I get down and dirty, so now its just going to be getting the hull ready for glass work and paint. I plan on doing the wide bond rail mod like ScottS has done to his SJ since the rails have been cut off this hull.

This is the plan............

WCF Hull
tubbies
either glass over the scuppers and put in drains with screw in versiplugs, or just run two versiplug max's
lowered bracket
new pole
upgraded bearing steering
internal fuel fill
paint
turf
front foot hold

And transfer my motor and pump setup from my SN

I am sure I am forgetting alot right now, but I will post everything as I go along slowly first, then ramp it up!

565d427d.jpg

70d38c80.jpg

48d2a47d.jpg

80ce7eae.jpg

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
got some time tonight and got the old Xmetal scuppers out and found a handful of washers and junk. I am definitely making a screen for the inside of the hull for them. I think I am going to go with the versiplug max for the hull, and if I dont want to use them, I can plug them up.

4379195a.jpg

I also made this sweet shop stand!

9afca50d.jpg

This is my internal fuel tank start, I am going to weld the tubing to the plate, and screw it into the tank with a large rubber gasket. I am going to run a fuel clunk in the tank with no reserve. I hope the tubing is big enough

4b38cd65.jpg

323c450e.jpg

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
I have most of the ski stripped now, but I am thinking I am not going to paint it myself anymore, anyone want to paint it for me in the central florida area?

I also got my WDK lowered pole bracket, but its wider than the stock one, so it interferes with the hood hooks. So now do I remove the hood hooks on the hood and hull and move them out? Or do I cut off the extra .250 of each side of the lowered bracket?

119d2f45.jpg

d4de5ea8.jpg

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
will do! I am looking for a plain silver paint job. I called a shop by me, and they wanted $500, but that was without seeing it. I can spend a month painting it, or pay and have it done in a week and have it look better, and be one the water faster

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
any ideas on the on pole bracket before I chop the WDC one to fit?

just re drill the holes for the hood hooks.... simple fix

i ran that pole bracket with stock hood hooks in the stock location without any issues, looks like the hood hooks you have on there right now were not positioned the same as stock maybe?

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
I dont know for sure, but I know the stock bracket fits in there nicely with no issues. My only problem I see (look at pics) is that if I go over .25, I am pushing it close to the edge of everything

26414ea7.jpg

ef0ed1d5.jpg

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
spent some more time working on the hull, just a bit more turf, then its time for tubbies, and widening the bond rail! I think I am going with the 2 on the top to 3.25 on the bottom

ac7f8b38.jpg

005737f4.jpg

1606c1bb.jpg

Top Bottom