WDK getting out of the PWC business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverRat

i heard that hes getting out of skis and going into making stuff for the military. is this true?

No, WDK is still going to be around. It is just hard to pay the bills with just PWC stuff. That is a relativly small nitch market. Plus Jeff is an acomplished composite guy so it only makes sense that he would expand. The other business will be seperate from WDK

fountain

ISJWTA Member #4
Are you kidding? With the government you can over run for years and they just keep on paying you. It's perfect!! :cool:

I think you have this backwards I have done lots of audio/video/computer install work for the government
all had to be finished on time :drillsergeant:
payment came when they got around to it

(4000 e-mails, lot's a forms, some more e-mail's, and three months later $ )

I don't know about the federal government but the state of Illinois is about 150 to 180 days behind on their payment to us. But we supply next day service or they refuse to pay what they are behind on. :shocked:

Trinity Composites

Lightweight Evolution
??????????????

Well the cats out of the bag. We are making carbon/carbon F-22 fuselages to clear up any confusion.
Come on, that is straight bull********. The gov. never gives one company such a big job. I know the fuse is not all carbon just small parts here and there. Is this a joke? Lastly you know contracted jobs are to be keep quiet.

Chris Maros has a pick of a giant carbon helicopter lift hook painted military green on his site (or he did). I think you can speak of and show certain things.

Also, I got to a few different companies every day that have samples of their military work hanging in the lobby:icon16: Very cool stuff!!

Go Jeff and crew!!!

Katie

Way cooler than Mark44
Are you kidding? With the government you can over run for years and they just keep on paying you. It's perfect!! :cool:

Usually with the government you are penalized for being late, but then they can come back and say they don't want material all of a sudden. I worked with a titanium manufacturer and worked with a lot of government contracters and they could be a pain in the butt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom