SXR Wet Pipe Blown Coupler Question

Running single cooling on a DASA 4mm 885 stroker with a Factory wet pipe with no problems. That being said hope the "dual cooling" helps. That being said I think you have other issues to chase down.

Im thinking I got a stick or something clogging a waterline so we're gonna blow the lines out and see what's up. But everybody swears by dual cooling with AM exhaust and I already have the kit so I might as well. what else could be wrong? The pipe obviously got to hot. It's either due to lack of cooling from a waterline or lack of cooling due to the jets on the headpipe. Either way I need to cool it down

What do u guys have your jets on the headpipe set at? I want all bottom end. I think someone recommended close bottom and middle and open the top 1 turn? Should the pipe sizzle with water after a WOT run? Mine definitely did.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
I do top 1/2, middle closed, bottom 1/2. If you want more top speed, just open the top screw to 3/4. Mine doesn't sizzle, I like to keep it relatively cool. If you want, to run it a lil hotter close the bottom to 1/4.

I fitted one the very same with stock head and same thing happened and replaced two couplers within two weeks. First one lasted 5 years. Took it out and perfect, I put it down to water routing on stock head. I also melted the foam around water box. I think if the small pisser black pipe was left to over board and use bigger 3/8 cooling line to stinger with flow valve t ed to overboard, must try it soon what's your taughts

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
I am still using the same fittings from my stock head with no issues. Allignment issue witht the pipe??? Clogged water line or 90 somewhere??? blow em out with a compressor.

Do any of you run filters on your water lines to keep debris like sand from clogging the lines? I am going to have those installed to hopefully prevent this from happening again.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
yes. they help, but..... You just have to visually check your pissers every time you start your ski. If they aren't pissin, stop riding, you are clogged or blew a head gasket.

Like I said in a previous post, you have an issue in your system for sure. I would take all 3 screws out of the head pipe and inspect the holes, I would inspect the stinger tube for blockage which I suspect is your issue. I think you will find the solution in your head pipe or your stinger considering the info you have given is. I'm running a considerably "hotter" motor than you with single cooling and no issues and ride in 80 degree water. Hope you find out the issue so you can ride.

swannysxr

Site Supporter
I have been running the same coupler since 2006, with flow control valve. Screws on headpipe are bottom closed, middle closed, and top 1/8 turn. runs very cool. with dual cooling.

I have been running the same coupler since 2006, with flow control valve. Screws on headpipe are bottom closed, middle closed, and top 1/8 turn. runs very cool. with dual cooling.
Wow, I would like to run mine that dry but I'm scared. I changed the set up that Daniel had on the pipe. It was top,middle closed bottom 1/2. Now running top 3/4,middle closed, bottom 1/8. OP check your water holes, make sure they are clear and get on the water.

I got my ski back saturday and it rips now... I have the top screw pretty much open (like 1.5 turns) and the bottom open 1/4 and it hits pretty hard. I like it and I feel better keeping it cooler then hotter. My ski just wants to jump out of the water everytime I give it 1/4 throttle or more.

Dual cooling seems to be working well too. Id still like to see how others are running their dual cooling setups though. I have both water lines going into the manifold instead of one line to the motor and one to the pipe...

I got my ski back saturday and it rips now... I have the top screw pretty much open (like 1.5 turns) and the bottom open 1/4 and it hits pretty hard. I like it and I feel better keeping it cooler then hotter. My ski just wants to jump out of the water everytime I give it 1/4 throttle or more.

Dual cooling seems to be working well too. Id still like to see how others are running their dual cooling setups though. I have both water lines going into the manifold instead of one line to the motor and one to the pipe...
Thats how I run my Yamahas

Top Bottom