Super Jet wet wolf cone on solas mag pump

wakecanada

I love jetski
2012-07-14 13.58.22.jpg

So I decided to make the wet wolf fit. I saw that Impros and ATP came out with a stubby for it, and wanted to see how the wet wolf would react.(instead of buying something new once again)

noticeably it is smaller than the hub, but thought I'd give it a go.

All that had to be done was to take some extra material(ream) off the inside of the bolt holes on the cone.

Tested back to back to back today at the cottage and noticed a huge difference over the Solas cone ( on my set up at least)

So thought I would share.

cheers.

Set up

465956_10150777391986503_514626502_9651739_1831638652_o.jpg
753cc 62T 61X
East Coast head with 170 compression
b-pipe
stock 38mm carbs jetted to match
cold fusion couplers
Solas mag pipe on budget
9/15 hooker

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Thanks for the pic.

Much better to get the custom fit shorty cone, that is a terrible transition.

wakecanada

I love jetski
Well i was at the cottage and had it just sitting there .but after multiple tests it was noticeably better.

Ill try out the actual one when someone local gets it.

But Im telling you night and day on my set up even with the "terrible transitiin" it had nothing to do with being cheap was just trying to re purpose .

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Well i was at the cottage and had it just sitting there .but after multiple tests it was noticeably better.

Ill try out the actual one when someone local gets it.

But Im telling you night and day on my set up even with the "terrible transitiin" it had nothing to do with being cheap was just trying to re purpose .

Wasnt implying that, you can sell wet wolf and buy impros stubby for about the same.

Was your impeller a little tall and not spooling up fast enough before?

I'm tempted to give the stubby cone a try...on my setup:

- jetworks ported 735 61x/62t
- stock dual 38's
- EPIC ignition
- ADA head @185psi
- b-pipe limited w/ jetworks FCV
- lightweight couplers
- lightened flywheel
- solas mag

a Skat C+75 12/18 was a bit too steep and I now have a C+75 11/17 in there. It rips, but maybe there's more? This would be cheaper to try than repitching the other prop I think...

WHERE-THE-SEAT-AT
i tried it, but my ski didn't like it. so i put the solas one back on..Braap.. im running 9/15 hooker with jetmaniac 718. with the wet wolf cone it seem to cavitate more lost bottom end. maybe with 10/16 hooker it would work better...i going to go with nozzle bore later..braap.

Any tried the stock solas cone vs the shorty solas cone? Would be interested to see if theres a big difference there too...This thread is making me want to order one!

i tried it, but my ski didn't like it. so i put the solas one back on..Braap.. im running 9/15 hooker with jetmaniac 718. with the wet wolf cone it seem to cavitate more lost bottom end. maybe with 10/16 hooker it would work better...i going to go with nozzle bore later..braap.
Dame that is my setup a you still running a Bob hull ?

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
ATP Stubby cone, for reference

attachment.php

http://www.canadian-freestyle.com/Hull--Steering---Controls.html

Last edited:

motozachl

uPsiDeDoWn

Any tried the stock solas cone vs the shorty solas cone? Would be interested to see if theres a big difference there too...This thread is making me want to order one!

i have a 780cc w.a 10/16 and i don't think i can notice a difference with the wetwolf one made for the solas pump

Top Bottom