Super Jet what´s wrong with my ski?

Are you positive that all of your fuel lines are run correctly?
Now I feel really stupid...but I'm not 100% sure that my fuel lines are run correctly. Is fuel in going on the upper or lower fitting on the carbs? Maybe I have them wrong after all. I have fuel in on the top fitting and fuel out under.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Fuel in - lower fitting
Fuel return - upper fitting
Pulse line from the cases - middle fitting

Matt_E

Site Supporter
Did you have them switched?
It's possible for the engine to run like that, but it will run very badly.

Yes I think so but I don't remember, I'm going to take a look tomorrow when I am at the garage. If I have them switched then it's a easy fix :)

Yes I have them switched, I have an extern fuel pump so I don't have a middle fitting for the pulse line. But is it still the same that the fuel in goes to the lower fitting and the return to the upper?

I can't this evening and tomorrow I will work a long shift, but I will try to take it out for a test on friday after work.
A ride report will follow when I have it in the water :)

I had it in the water tonight and there is no difference in the performance what so ever...but I have a solas magnum pump on the way from ATP I will see if I can get some better punch with that one.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
I had it in the water tonight and there is no difference in the performance what so ever...but I have a solas magnum pump on the way from ATP I will see if I can get some better punch with that one.

I assure you that the performance will be no better with a more expensive pump if you have not fixed the root problem first.
And if there is no performance difference between those two fuel routings, that motor be f'd up.

fuel pump not performing at 100% ?? What do your plugs look like currently? Maybe your reeds are screwed up, not getting the "hit" makes those a suspect too...I didn't read everything in detail so not sure if all this was covered but sorry if it was..

and I just thought of this too, if you switched your fuel lines and there is no difference, you have a fuel/air issue. Maybe you have a air leak somewhere? Have you checked your fuel pickup line in the tank and checked fuel filter to make sure nothing is the least bit clogged?

I assure you that the performance will be no better with a more expensive pump if you have not fixed the root problem first.
And if there is no performance difference between those two fuel routings, that motor be f'd up.
Yes I know that a new pump won't fix the problem but when/if I found the problem then I will have a better pump :)
I think that I am making progress here atleast now I have my fuel lines correct :)

and I just thought of this too, if you switched your fuel lines and there is no difference, you have a fuel/air issue. Maybe you have a air leak somewhere? Have you checked your fuel pickup line in the tank and checked fuel filter to make sure nothing is the least bit clogged?

I have brand new fuel filters and the pickups are fine, Is there some way to check for air leaks? or should I replace them with new ones?

Top Bottom