What brand of hand tools do you mostly use when wrenching on your ski?

Gainera2582

Power and Agility
Haven't seen a thread on this site for the topic, so I thought I would start one.

I currently have a craftsman mechanics tool set(72 piece) due to the lifetime warranty and ease of replacement. I do wish they made these sockets easier to read for the size. Also have a watcon torque wrench that works pretty good.

What do you guys currently use?

Mostly craftsman. I know there is better out there, but there is a Sears with about 8 miles of my house so it makes it easy to pick up something I don't have.

njfl

X-H2
Ever since I split my first Craftsman socket I have been buying Snap On sockets. They are significantly stronger and less prone to breaking. For screwdrivers, I stick with Craftsman because it's a lot easier to take back to Sears than find a Snap On dealer.

Unless you are in the trade and use them daily, Craftsman would be the way to go.

However, take a look at SK/Facom. They have some really nice quality tools at Craftsman prices. They have open-end/ratcheting box combo wrenches that also have the "teeth" in the open end like Snap On's Flank Drive Plus and they are at Craftsman prices.

On Craftsman, when I am at flea markets and garage sales I always pick up the older Craftsman tools. Pre-1990 (or so) they were made with better grades of steel.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I use whatever. My sockets are by taskforce, my screwdrivers are huskey, My wrenches are some off brand from sears, and my allen wrenches were $1 at walmart.

So far, none of them have broken. I think Husky has a lifetime warrenty.

I have a set of screwdrivers by stanley (a gift) and the very 1st time I used it it chipped all of the finish off, then split in half. If I had more money, I'd be buying craftsman.

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
whatever is cheap, ive got tool bag with a hodgepodge of sockets wrenches and such.

No need for expensive tools, Ill only loose them, or someone will steal them.

Id rather have a set of cheap tools everywhere I need them, then one set of really expensive tools I have to move around alot.

I use mostly craftsman but there are a bunch of Mac, snapon, and cornwell tools in there as well in my home boxes. In my work set I use mostly cheap stuff from walmart or pawn shops. I install auto glass on a mobile route so I am using my tools at 6 to 10 different places a day. So it is super easy to loose tools, and no body would ever call to say you left a snapon ratchet in my car... :banghead:

chrisdoc0608

insulting
yeah, but those are twice the price and craftsman has a lifetime warranty too. Whats so much better?

if you are a serious mechanic, that uses the tools constatnly, the snap on and mac tools are better tools, they are nearly impossible to break, while craftsman has a warranty, i have broke many sockets, bent wrenches, and messed up gears in rachets

Top Bottom