What brand of hand tools do you mostly use when wrenching on your ski?

ezmoney

the "Cotton Candy Bandit"
if you are a serious mechanic, that uses the tools constatnly, the snap on and mac tools are better tools, they are nearly impossible to break, while craftsman has a warranty, i have broke many sockets, bent wrenches, and messed up gears in rachets

I see...

But yeah I break tools all the time, but its free to replace so no biggie. Sears is close to my house.

:Banane37: (it looks cool)

RoyalFlush@PCB

Shootin' The Crap
I have a large assortment of both name brand and off-brand tools that I use. My favorite is a Jesse James' tool kit that my wife bought for me one Christmas awhile back. Replacement tools are available thru Mac tools---I've never broken one, but I lost a couple of the smaller tools in the last couple of years.

Craftsman also gets a big thumbs up from me, as well. :bigok:

Peter123

C-Note
Mainly Craftsman with some Husky and a little Snap-On. I also have some cheapos in case I must grind, bend or beat them down.

Edit - It's nice to have loaner cheapos for when neighbors stop by.

Whatever is in my Bro's tool bag.
kskip
Seriously, Snap-on, Craftsmen, couple of odd balls from O'Reillys......

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
All Craftsman for me! I like Snap On and Mac but I #1 don't have that kind of money and #2 the Snap On man is harder to find than a Sears.

the Craftsman catalogue has some Falcom/SK tools in it. They also carry some Lisle tools. Lisle makes some niche specific automotive tools which are really cool.

So what's one tool you can't live without? I am fond of my complete in one small container 1/4" socket set. I also use a 6 in one screw driver a bunch too. A pick/scribe has also been a great addition to my tool box.

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
I need to upgrade pretty soon, I think the socket set I have has the name brand 'Buffalo'.

I gotta get me something easier on my eyes like these from Craftsman:

Attachments

• socket.jpg
    socket.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 21

IceRocket1286

Site Supporter
Aaron if you want the sockets that are easier to read, get the laser etched sockets. The numbers are around 1/2" tall and easy to read right in the middle of the socket. Craftsman I think is the way to go, really ust because of the lifetime warranty. Snap-On is awesome but no waranty, and expensive.

However, the Snap-On compression Gauge is the ONLY gauge to have for the most accurate reading. I love ours.

Oh yeah, regarding the Craftsman Warranty...some items are not lifetime guaranteed anymore. Not many things, but things like chalk boxes and tape measures...the lady at the store told me this. The reason is due to customers buying certain items, throwing them to the ground and smashing them in the parking lot, and bringing them back in right away, aka being d**ks

EDIT
didnt see the sockets 2 posts above, those are the ones!

Last edited:

Jawbreaker

Rick James Edition
Mostly Kobalt brand... They are sold at Lowes and have the same waranty as Craftsman. That way my tools don't get mixed up with all my friends Craftsman tools when we're wrenching in the garage.

All Craftsman for me! I like Snap On and Mac but I #1 don't have that kind of money and #2 the Snap On man is harder to find than a Sears.

the Craftsman catalogue has some Falcom/SK tools in it. They also carry some Lisle tools. Lisle makes some niche specific automotive tools which are really cool.

So what's one tool you can't live without? I am fond of my complete in one small container 1/4" socket set. I also use a 6 in one screw driver a bunch too. A pick/scribe has also been a great addition to my tool box.

Black and Decker 14.4V cordless drill.......:headbang:

I use it so much its not even funny.......In fact, I will search for an hour for an adaptor for my BD just so I dont ahve to hand-out a single bolt :wiggle::shrug::biggrin:

Top Bottom