What helmet?

most of us wear downhill mountainbike helmets. its really your choice. do you wanna wear a full face helmet or not? some people even wear hockey or lacrosse helmets with cages on them.

what kind of riding do you do? personally i dont wear a helmet all the time, but if your guts telling you to , then maybe you should. most of the safety freaks will tell you to always wear them.

Zerfman34

M.D. in the works...
there are a few threads about this already. i wear a fly fl 606 III moto helmet all the time. I'd like to try a downhill mtb helmet tho cause they seem less hot. gotta protect your noggin!

Ericfox

Do it twice?That's DooDoo
prorider... VERY good helmet... I wear it everytime I ride... is holding up very well... only like 40 bucks or so with free shipping.... see their website... it is very light...

Attachments

• helmet1.jpg
    helmet1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

shady0667

Newbie but listens well
I have ridden a few stand-ups but never owned. Banker gave the ok so i'm looking at a 2005 SXR 800.

I am sitting at 240 right now so a 650sx just wasn't enough. I like the wide hull of the SXR.

I will just be basically rec. riding on the lake of the ozarks. Just some waves and try to do some tricks. But I always feel better w/ a lid since I raced street bikes for a bit.

Thanks for the help guys.

Also, Does it make me a gigantic tool if I have the monster edition helmet when I ride? Cuz I always color match my rides w/ my lid. If it does where can I find a plain helmet in Kawi green?

oldskoo

local jackass

i got a fly off ebay pretty cheap...well girlfriend bought it so extreamly cheap for me...like 45-50 bucks i beleave.....only going to use it on small craft/ gale days thow i hate restrictions, IE helmits,seatbelts and condoms.......I no its not the cheapest way to live.........:frown:

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Going to try this out.
attachment.php

cycojon

addicted to my superjet
im gettin a helmet very, very soon! last saturday my buddy and i put my whole SJ back together and we went to the lake sunday. i thought to myself, ah im just breaking it in, so ill go easy i don't need a helmet, ill get one soon. we were out on the water, ski is runnin like a champ. i try and pull a power 360 and the next thing i know the bars smack me in the back of the head! so much for takin it easy huh? i guess my point is you just never know whats gonna happen, and that one time you leave your helmet on the beach and something happens, you will really look like a tool!

but the real question here should be, how did my bars smack the back of my head? haha

im sure it was funny to watch! it was my first attempt at a power 360.

the best solution for safety, comfort, lightness and design is a Whitewater rafting helmet w/ or w/o a cage. Cascade makes a great one that I have used for years and it is by far the best I have used and I have tried them all...

full face bmx helmets are useless, heavy and they don't protect your face. The only helmet w/ REAL face protection is a whitewater/lacross helmet, but IMO the hockey/lacross helmets are way overboard and gonne be more weight.

p73915b.jpg

the best solution for safety, comfort, lightness and design is a Whitewater rafting helmet w/ or w/o a cage. Cascade makes a great one that I have used for years and it is by far the best I have used and I have tried them all...

full face bmx helmets are useless, heavy and they don't protect your face. The only helmet w/ REAL face protection is a whitewater/lacross helmet, but IMO the hockey/lacross helmets are way overboard and gonne be more weight.

p73915b.jpg

Really been wanting one of those Nick. I just ordered one from Outdoorplay.com for $83.90 shipped. Red, yellow or blue available. I'm sick of that full face water logged tank of a helmet I've been wearing. Thanks for helping me spend more money buddy. :439: btw, I went red.

just trying to stimulate the economy...

Really been wanting one of those Nick. I just ordered one from Outdoorplay.com for $83.90 shipped. Red, yellow or blue available. I'm sick of that full face water logged tank of a helmet I've been wearing. Thanks for helping me spend more money buddy. :439: btw, I went red.

wayne

wannaroll
yep, i took nicks advice and got one, red. i weighed my son's x games bell from walmart and the one above and it was .6 lbs lighter. that is dry weight with out water absorbtion. it is well worth the money imo.

Top Bottom