Surfriding what intake grate to buy

wydopen

onthepipe
I prefer a less aggressive intake grate for waveriding..it allows the tail to break free easier and makes the ski feel looser overall..I never have a problem having it hookup when I need it. It's all about weight distribution..I run an old pro tec..ones that don't have the scoop hanging down below the hull work best

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I have run the worx 201 in my last 3 surf skis. I also had the chance to do back to back testing between the 201 and a Jet Dynamics and they are pretty even. The Jet Dynamics lets the back end slide a bit more but still has plenty of hookup. Neither one would be a disappointment in my opinion and are top of my list.

i love my worx 201. feels like its slamming on the brakes in flatwater when i let off the gas going real fast.

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
R&D aquavein is also an awesome aggressive grate, very similar feel to the worx 201. I prefer no grate for our little surf.

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
I was happy with my XR Tech. Very similar to Worx 201 in feel but way cheaper. It won't work on my new Superfreak without a LOT of grinding because of the angle of the shoe and the shoe extensions on the grate.

Has anyone really tried out the ATP? It looks cool because you can mock up a similar angle if not exact angle of the worx 201. Seems like it might be handy to change it per riding style.

I have the 201 grate and love it, though there are times I might go with a less aggressive set up. Well, at least it might be nice to have the option to.

Top Bottom