What is the dumbest, most ridiculous comment you've gotten about a standup?

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I was on holidays and had 3 skis with me, My SXR and GSXL were on the trailer and my freestyle SN was in the back of the truck. This redneck was looking at my skis on the trailer and showing his kids and when he gets to the SN says, "hey look kids he's even got a little one for kids to ride".

QuickMick

API 1104 AWS CWI
Site Supporter
I was on holidays and had 3 skis with me, My SXR and GSXL were on the trailer and my freestyle SN was in the back of the truck. This redneck was looking at my skis on the trailer and showing his kids and when he gets to the SN says, "hey look kids he's even got a little one for kids to ride".

HAHAH That guy cant be a red neck unless he is from Pasadena Texas... Thats where all rednecks come from.

I was at a ride one year and I had my gas blender out and 3 women and some kids walked by and one girl asked what it was, one woman said she knew what it was and just went into a spill about it being some type of processor and she had seen them before. what a tool...

Attachments

• MICK 015.jpg
    MICK 015.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 147
since we ride on one of the busiest beaches in the world, we get lots of looks and stupid questions...

"Do you rent those?"
"I didn't think they made those anymore"
"Where's the seat?"
"How long did it take you to learn"

the basic questions, just repeated more.

Old men are the most interested w/ them it seems... They will approach the ski w/ their arms behind their backs as to signal "I'm not touching anything" and inspect it...

OCD Solutions

Old men are the most interested w/ them it seems... They will approach the ski w/ their arms behind their backs as to signal "I'm not touching anything" and inspect it...

Funny, They have the same approach to sunbathing hotties too!!:biggthumpup:

Emm

skank
On our last trip to the secret spot before we moved ....some rednecks pulled up and before he even stopped he had the window rolled down to yell "How fast can that thing go?" :Banane36: Gotta love rednecks :smile:

I would have to say the crazy old hag at Smyrna telling me that Garrett was killing baby dolphins with that "evil machine" is still probably the most ridiculous comment I have ever heard though :bananalama:

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
The classic line is "They don't make those anymore do they?" I heard it from an A Hole water cop as he wrote me a ticket. Also comment how my ski must have been old.

My grandpa calls it a "Sea Ski"

Of course they have been called Waverunners and Sea Doos before as well in my pressance.

One time while a guy at the dock was about to chew me out for ridding too fast in a no wake zone ( I was going as slow as humanly possible on my knees) he asked if I just rode in on that Waverunner. I said no, he said yeah that one right there. I pointed to the Jet Ski on the side and said no, this is a JET SKI, not a Waverunner. lol He was pissed.

OCD Solutions

Q: "Will you take me for a ride on that thing?"

A: UMMM sure, climb into my back pocket and hold on.

Q: What?

A: Exactly!

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
Q: "Will you take me for a ride on that thing?"

A: UMMM sure, climb into my back pocket and hold on.

Q: What?

A: Exactly!

Some guy came out to our last ride with his 650sx and a bunch of friends on a pontoon, they partied on the boat all day and his GF wanted to leave early, he gave her a ride on the hood all the way back to the launch (about 1.5 miles upriver in 1-2' chop).

Emm

skank
I have seen someone have to ride back on the hood of another ski after their ski died in a gator infested area of a lake :biggrin::shocked:

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
One time after three of four of us pulled the skis out of the water back onto the trailers, we're standing around and we start up one at a time and brap the water out of the exhaust system.

After about the second or third ski this guy in a truck drives by and yells at the top of his lungs, "You guys are so stupid, you're gonna burn up the impeller pump, IDIOTS!" and then slams on the gas and drives away all pissed off.

Obviously he thought it was like a boat cooling system, but still why get mad at us? If it's our stuff, let us get mad at ourselves if we "burn up our impeller pumps". hahahaha

Emm

skank
One time after three of four of us pulled the skis out of the water back onto the trailers, we're standing around and we start up one at a time and brap the water out of the exhaust system.

After about the second or third ski this guy in a truck drives by and yells at the top of his lungs, "You guys are so stupid, you're gonna burn up the impeller pump, IDIOTS!" and then slams on the gas and drives away all pissed off.

Obviously he thought it was like a boat cooling system, but still why get mad at us? If it's our stuff, let us get mad at ourselves if we "burn up our impeller pumps". hahahaha

maybe he did want you to ruin a ski that they "don't even make anymore"??? :biggrin: I mean...aren't those things like antiques or something? :brap:

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Guy with Wave Venture 1100 looking at my ski on the beach: "You're going to need to get something with a little more power."

The wave venture is 40% longer, 100% wider, and 90% heavier, but that's ok, because you have 10% more horsepower.

I don't think people grasp the concept of power-to-weight ratio.

Top Bottom