what job should i go for?

so when i grow up i want to have a decently sized house on a lake, have a nice truck (like an f-150 raised and what not) a dirtbike, a few skis (at least one being completely modded out flatwater backie capable) and still have left over money leftover for bills and time to play with the toys.

so what type of job should i plan on pursuing? :brap:

Winter X2

Winter X2
so when i grow up i want to have a decently sized house on a lake, have a nice truck (like an f-150 raised and what not) a dirtbike, a few skis (at least one being completely modded out flatwater backie capable) and still have left over money leftover for bills and time to play with the toys.

so what type of job should i plan on pursuing? :brap:
Get a sugar momma with loads of cash... :booty:

That's what I want too when I grow up.

What interests you? What do you find fun? (besides skis)

videography and editing vids, photography, (maybe i could take weird pics at vacation spots and sell em for stupidly high amounts of money. lol) working/fixing/makings/designing things

jap7t8

Spring Fever...
Base your finances on "eventual" satisfaction, not "immediate". The people that have the "I GOTTA HAVE IT RIGHT NOW!!" attitude are the ones who get into credit and debt trouble. As DC superjet said, do something you enjoy and be smart about your money. And definately go to college. Even if you don't get a job in your degree field, the experience will help you grow a lot. Best of luck!

Mark44

Katie's Boss
Doesn't matter what you do as long as you enjoy it you will never work a day in your life.

If you are looking for a job based on salary you are going into it the wrong way if you want to enjoy your life. IMO

Mark44

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
Drug dealer. Plenty of income, great fringe benefits, and you can make your own hours. Of course you'll need to find a way to launder all the money but no one said being a grown up is easy.

Seriously though, I would be a doctor if I had to start over. The Health Care market is growing at a phenomenal rate and will continue to do so regardless of the economy. There aren't many, if any, other job markets you can say that about. And of course doctors make ridiculous money. I know of a neurosurgeon that just got done with school and got a job paying 400k a year and this isn't even in a big city (where it will cost you more to live).

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
videography and editing vids, photography, (maybe i could take weird pics at vacation spots and sell em for stupidly high amounts of money. lol) working/fixing/makings/designing things

you won't make the money you want doing those things unless you own the business even then good luck.

go to www.salary.com and browse around.

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
Drug dealer. Plenty of income, great fringe benefits, and you can make your own hours. Of course you'll need to find a way to launder all the money but no one said being a grown up is easy.

Seriously though, I would be a doctor if I had to start over. The Health Care market is growing at a phenomenal rate and will continue to do so regardless of the economy. There aren't many, if any, other job markets you can say that about. And of course doctors make ridiculous money. I know of a neurosurgeon that just got done with school and got a job paying 400k a year and this isn't even in a big city (where it will cost you more to live).

when they socialize medicine no one will want to be a doctor.

Emm

skank
Doesn't matter what you do as long as you enjoy it you will never work a day in your life.

If you are looking for a job based on salary you are going into it the wrong way if you want to enjoy your life. IMO

Mark44

Agreed

when they socialize medicine no one will want to be a doctor.

and Agreed!

As long as you manage your money you can do a lot of what you want..for the most par.....definitely go to college of some sorts....even a technical college.

you won't make the money you want doing those things unless you own the business even then good luck.

go to www.salary.com and browse around.

cool site, thanks :bigok:

yes, i plan on going to college.

being a civil engineer might be cool. some desk time and some time out at a construction site. seems kinda fun and i could probably get a job doing that just about anywhere. what do you think?

Top Bottom