what job should i go for?

gc4

I'd be lost without the x
everyday im hustlin

hustlin.gif

This destroyed me. Thanks for that lunch time laugh.

no offense dude but that sounds TOTALLY regurgitated...did you hear that in class today?

ALL healthcare is down...doesnt mean people are not still making money

just you watch healthcare WILL become socialized one day.......there are more dr's than EVER closing up shop and going to work for GOV/VA hospitals and for managed care

good post G! in fact, EXCELLENT post!

i will NEVER own my own business..sure, there can be great rewards but I could never justify the stress

people have asked me ever since the day I got out of Op school..."When are you going to open up your own practice?"

never.
Yes the salaries of doctors is down..But there not exactly hurting at all. As for medicine being socalized idk about that. Its gonna put sooo many medical companies outta buisness. It would never happin. An no thats not somthing iv heard in class, its what is being said at work. You also have to understand im located in a very heavly populated area so things are diffrent.

If you're serious about the Engineering field give some thought to Energy Engineering, relating to large scale building construction (hospitals, higher education, etc) and renovation. Its a great combination of engineering, construction management and creativity. Its very rewarding to develop a concept, sell it and then walk on site and physically see it being built.

Waternut

Customizing addict
If you're serious about the Engineering field give some thought to Energy Engineering, relating to large scale building construction (hospitals, higher education, etc) and renovation. Its a great combination of engineering, construction management and creativity. Its very rewarding to develop a concept, sell it and then walk on site and physically see it being built.

That is something you have to consider when getting an engineering job. There are plenty of hands on engineers but there are even more "arm chair" engineers that rarely even get to see pictures of what they work on...much less the actual product. No one I've ever worked with has ever heard me complain when I ruin a pair of pants climbing into a fuel tank or across frames in the belly of an aircraft because I got to do something cool.

In regards to the posts about the medical field... Every industry has ups and downs. A doctor will still get paid more than your average person no matter what happens to healthcare. The second a doctor gets paid less than your average businessman, you'll see a massive decline in doctors in hospitals/clinics followed by a massive spike in doctors salary because the hospitals/clinics are desperate because they're under staffed. Soooo....the moral of the story is still "do what you enjoy as long as it pays the bills".

Last edited:
My advise would be to definatly pace yourself as far as what you wanna gain in life. You have the rest of your life to accumulate the things you desire. Too many young people jump in over their heads and buy everything up front (this is what I did). I sold everything I had and had to regroup. I had a new truck, atvs, newl house, furnature payments, credit card payments. I was maxed out.

I now take a different approach, I pay cash for what i want and if I can't I dont need it. We scored an awesome deal with a 70 year old woman that has a nice 2 br rent house and needs someone to mow her 3 lawns and help her out , shes gonna let us live rent free and pay the electric, water, and gas. It was kinda funny cause my wife and I are soon to build another house but pay as we go and we were talking about how great It would be to live rent free so we could put every penny into our new house. The woman owns 1800+ acres and is loaded so its nothing to her.

It doesnt matter if you make 10k or a 100k a year as long as your happy and you can manage what you have. If you make a 100k a year and cant manage it its not worth anything.

cookerq62

Life's Been Good
Pictures like these make me wish I didn't know how to do office work. These pics are from Malibu. A crew at a place I used to work at was in VA beach for 2 weeks surveying convenience stores. I guess that makes up for all the times they get sent to bombed out buildings in the ghetto or have to play frogger on I95.

Attachments

• 17296_08.JPG
    17296_08.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 22
  • 17296_02.JPG
    17296_02.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Top Bottom