what not to do........

i went out on my ski today and didnt fill it all the way up simply for the weight( NOT EVEN WORTH IT) factor and i didnt think i would ride that long. (i usually fill up till it over flows). well needless to say i ran out of gas cuz i finallly got the inverted nose stab down and decided to keep doing it. i ran out of gas and had to swim my ski in 1 mile IT SUCKED. i got ten feet from my dock and a boat finally comes about and asked if i need a tow. I told him im gonna keep swimming just to say thats how far i had to swim my ski in..... moral of the story ALWAYS FILL THE SKI TILL IT ALMOST OVER FLOWS!

oh yea on top of that i got pulled over by dnr for using a 6 knot buoy as one of my race buoy markers.... he said cutting just to the inside means im going above 6 knots in the 6 knot zone . i was maybe in the zone for a total of 2 ft and then and cutting right back out to open water again and its a 2 mile 6knot zone and its wide open .... boy oh boy what a day

i think we all have had our run-ins with the authorities, last fall i was working 10 hours a day and i would rip home to try to get out before it got too dark. the river i ride on is a border between the US and canada so we get the US sheriff on our side sometimes. well i get pulled over about an hour b4 sundown adn they tell me the fine for riding at this time is 500$ US adn 300$ for impound if i didnt have the money on the spot i was to spend upto 7 days in a US jail. after all the threats adn me not keeping 800$ in my wetsuit they got a call to get back to port adn i was let off with a warning. they just like to watch us float while they stand there with their fancy boats.

man sorry that had to happen... but damn i wish i was there to tow you in so for once it would have been the other way around... as many times as you have towed me over this summer for the stupid little problems...good to hear you made it in safely...

cmeripper26

Ripper26
I got a similar story. I ran out the bay i ride in to the last marker in the bay before you head out into the sound and right by that marker i nose stab but forgot to strap my battery into the tray and sure enough my ski cuts out and did not turn over after i came up out of the water. I got stuck swimming my ski in about a half mile. The positive cable snapped at the contact. Oooops! ahahahah! Funny nowm not then.

I had a similar battery issue. My positive cable wasnt making good contact but at first i thought it was just loose so i tightened it up and went out. Killed the ski for a min then went to start it back and well... I had to swim my ski a good ways the other day before a ski came and gave me a tow. Not fun, and i was on a light fx1! It was cool finding out that the people towing me back almost bought the lake house we now own. After two years of the house sitting on a market they made an offer the same week as us...

Flyinbysti

Rad Dudes
I thought I was going to have to swim mine in last weekend when it wouldn't start, but I got a tow. I had the swim the X2 in a couple weeks ago about a 1/4mi so that's not nearly as bad.

yeah ticket and all, he was about to give me a ticket for not having a boaters liscence on me and i was like i have one but i dont have any place to put it, he was like what about your pocket..... i thought.... well im sitting here talking to you floating in the water???? i just said yeah you know your right im sorry... he was a straight duesch as usual hating on the stand up

yeah ticket and all, he was about to give me a ticket for not having a boaters liscence on me and i was like i have one but i dont have any place to put it, he was like what about your pocket..... i thought.... well im sitting here talking to you floating in the water???? i just said yeah you know your right im sorry... he was a straight duesch as usual hating on the stand up

lol there is a label on all stock skis that say your exempt from so many laws. next time just tell him its under the hood and if he pulls the hood he is responsible if your vessal sinks. your 12 thousand dollar custom made vessal. :] hehe :bananajump:

Waternut

Customizing addict
Well although you don't want to hear it, I have to say that you carving around a buoy that is put in place to slow you down is pretty dumb and deserves a ticket. If a cop clocks you doing 60 mph 10 feet inside a 35 mph zone when the speed limit drops from 55 to 35, you're going to get a monster ticket. Why would it be any different on the water.

I will admit that not all DNR officers are intelligent. Don't be afraid to politely point out the obvious but don't insult them either. One officer asked to see my buddies fire extinguisher in his boat to make sure it worked. After discharging the entire thing in the water and yellow water all over the place, the officer said...ok it looks like it works, here you go. After a phone call complaint to the DNR office, my buddy got a brand new fire extinguisher hand delivered to his house a couple days later.

i do hear you, but my complaint that i didnt mention was the house after the 6 knot zone dragged the marker further out then it originally was so it was so close to my spot now i was like what the heck......and people always hammering the throttles well before that buoy all day long, cop just decided to nail me cuz i was on a stand up.... ok yes that is one dumb dnr officer(fire extinguisher man).... and im always polite with them hoping they cut me a break.... haha man you sound like a cop or something im jk man your still right tho

well i switched it to res. early because it was choppy and i kept sucking air and then just used to always filling it up i guess i didnt realize how much more i could have put in and like i said i landed a new trick that day so i kept doing it and doing it and got carried away lol

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
this is what marker buoys are for!!!!

power_turn.jpg

no_wake1.jpg

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
I the same treatment once for making a wake in a no wake zone. Doesn't matter that you are riding in the tray on your knees going 2 mph making a 3 inch tall wake... NO WAKE MEANS NO WAKE!

I had a battery cable come loose once. Good thing I never stopped the ski until I beached it. I don't think it would have restarted too well...

nice pics... thats what im talking about.... chill guys i was just telling a funny story.....hmmmh can you say dick.... i guess nothing like that has ever happened to you... you funny man

Top Bottom