Freestyle what type of oil do you run? and do you get it from?

Suggestion,
If I'm running Castor 927 on a just built Big Bore 850 what ratio should I have. They recommend between 32:1-60:1. Most guys look like they are at 32:1-40:1. I'm thinking 50:1?.

ski doo xps right now, stocked up on sled oil for the winter and she never came, so im using that. i dont run amsoil, it seems to make my sxr loose bottom end power but it could be just me thinking it is i dont know

550/440

Maybe I'll get it all the way around NEXT time....
Amsoil Dominator... 30.60 a gallon. Good stuff, not much smell, very little smoke, and the ski hasn't seized yet!

What are the actual differences between 2-stroke oils? So one costs $50/gallon and another costs $8/gallon. Is there anything in the more expensive oil that makes it worth it? If it meets the 2-stroke specs for the engine, should be good I would think?

550/440

Some oils create less ash/residue, lubricate better, etc. Good oil is worth the extra few bucks. $8 a gallon for 2 stroke oil? Where's that at?

550/440

Hahaha, that's funny. I thought it would be good for my 750stx the kids ride. The "cheap" Amsoil is $26.50 a gallon. Kawi is around the same. Gas station brand (Chevron) is 6.99 a quart, I used to just pick that up on the way to the lake, but with the rebuild, I'm being a bit more cautious. I signed up w/ Amsoil to become a dealer, so hit me up if you want some! LOL!

Some oils create less ash/residue, lubricate better, etc. Good oil is worth the extra few bucks. $8 a gallon for 2 stroke oil? Where's that at?

this is true. the more expensive oils have less ash content in them and there for cost more to decrease the chance of knocks and detonation in a cylinder from build up

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
What kind of hack engine builder would possibly tell you to run that crap? Please do tell........

Lol, Right on time and still bangin the same old drum. Don't ever change Gil.

X marks the spot and when you find it, it'll make you Scream.

I use SuperTech Outboard 2-stroke Oil. This is the second year running it 50:1 through both our 650sx's. It's $12/gallon at Walmart, and granted they are only 635cc engines, they still look brand new on the inside. I can see where you'd want to run fancier stuff on an expensive engine I guess.

Midlake Crisis

Site Supporter
I use SuperTech Outboard 2-stroke Oil. This is the second year running it 50:1 through both our 650sx's. It's $12/gallon at Walmart, and granted they are only 635cc engines, they still look brand new on the inside. I can see where you'd want to run fancier stuff on an expensive engine I guess.
That's what I use, and it smells like money in my wallet.
It would take a lot more than what I have heard to persuade me that premium oils are cost effective.

^That's what I was kinda thinking. Seems like if the more expensive oils extend engine life actually, the amount of time you lose from running cheap oils and the amount of money you gain from running cheap oils, you can just buy a new engine all together at the end of life when using cheaper oils, and still come out with more money in your pocket than you would otherwise spend on fancy oil to extend the engine life that extra few months or what ever.

Tyler Zane

Open Your Eyes
^That's what I was kinda thinking. Seems like if the more expensive oils extend engine life actually, the amount of time you lose from running cheap oils and the amount of money you gain from running cheap oils, you can just buy a new engine all together at the end of life when using cheaper oils, and still come out with more money in your pocket than you would otherwise spend on fancy oil to extend the engine life that extra few months or what ever.

says the guy running a 650sx...

Top Bottom