What was your FIRST ski?

1986 kawi 550 given to me by my older cousin im 13 and he is 16 best gift ever:smile:0804002000.jpg
we fixed it up a little looks nice i spray painted the gascap and upholstered the chinpad to match the turf thatwas on it already

Last edited:
85 550 and 85 44o superstock from kawi. mom and dads skis. rodetill about 90 then havent rode till about 3 years ago. we were camping at lake san antonio, told my wife that i really wanted to buy one again and she said go buy one. that was thursday of memorial weekend. we camped till monday and found 01 superjet from local guy and got it tuesday. now in the procces of a build that keeps me busy when im not working or riding mx. i got the bug and im in for the long haul.

well my first was a 90 550sx and then i upgrade the motor to a 650sx that i actually still have and have rebuilt. then i went from that to a 96 sj and i love it wont ever go back to a kawi probably.. heres some pictures if i can get them up
179492_10150133159826070_599856069_8499946_3801231_n.jpg

In 2001; I had to give up Motocross, and dirtbikes. Bought a 93 waveblaster. Took it to the lake that following Labor day weeknend. I absolutley hated it. LOL!!! I couldn't ride it, and actually tried to sell it that whole weekend. I managed to stick with it, by Monday night I was carving it up. I'm so glad I never got rid of it now!!!

started three summers ago on a 1989 kawi 650sx, still ridin her today but i want to get more into the sport so im lookin for a modded sj once my sled sells haha.

swapmeet

Brotastic
f5c6271f.jpg

74' JS440, It was given to me after I rode my buddies SN 650 and fell in love with. JS was great ski to learn on but its comical to ride now. Max speed of 25mph, 25hp. LOL I called it the bomber.
It was a mess, but its great for comparison.

douglee25

m3booooy
View attachment 151372

74' JS440, It was given to me after I rode my buddies SN 650 and fell in love with. JS was great ski to learn on but its comical to ride now. Max speed of 25mph, 25hp. LOL I called it the bomber.
It was a mess, but its great for comparison.

I originally started out on a 550sx. I sold it to one of my buddies, so it's still around in our group of friends to beat on every now and again. Everytime I ride the thing, I can't stop laughing. It's so funny to ride... it barely can pull my butt out of the water! The steering is so slopping, the hulls are so skinny, and the pole is so long, that it really takes some elegant riding to really rail on the ski.

Doug

Seen a ski painted on the side of a van(destinator) went to the shop, never rode one. Bought a 1989 440 next day! started racing/freestyle in three months. spent every dime I had to go faster. Long story short the ski is now a dual bilge working cooler. Way too much money spent I pod phone 028.jpgto part with!

first ski I ever rod was a 88 or so 550 that was my uncles and he also had a 91 650 sx, that a year later after riding it for the first time i bought. I rode that thing hard for 3 years and know im onto a 94 750. I love the oldies they are always the best!

Tanman

Jus' keep er' pinned
an 85 JS 550, grips kept slippin off and the thing smoked like bob marley. ohhh and I wore a mustang survival suit the first few months :) gotta love where we all come from

Top Bottom