What was your FIRST ski?

vitalikol

Jetski-Snowboard
in 2004 bought 97 Seadoo XP 800. and one month later 94 750 sx. after that I rode Seadoo two times in two years , but build up my KAWI and rode it almoust every weekend. in 2006 bought 96 RN Superjet ( didn't like it ) This summer sold everything and bought 06 SX-R almost brand new. and start buying parts for winter build-up : Factory Dry Pipe, Magnum pump, footholds, one way valve, twin 48mm carbs, delta reeds, UMI steering, straight bars, engine porting and flywheel weight lose , girdle R&D head, Works intake grate , stock ride plate D-cut (it's took me 45 minuts !!! ).
I need to find handlepole and put everything together.
Couple days ago bought 92 X2with bad motor. got 750 to put it in.

ANT

Just ride
first ski i ever owned and rode was my 93' Kawi 650sx and i got it for next to nothing. Got it running in August of 04' the summer after i got out of high school. Bought a SXR in June of 05' and in August of 05' bought a squarenose w/ a 701 and started getting some flatwater rolls down and the rest is history. I still have the 650SX.

Attachments

• blue650.jpg
    blue650.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
76' 440 - Bone Stock, bought in 92', had been in owners garage all the years and looked new as the day bought, new battery and plugs and it was off and running.

Then got a Kaw TS, modded out, Yee Haa....lol

The went Yamaha SJ, GP800 and B1, and have never looked back.

oldskoo

local jackass
man ummm in order
first experience was a 89 seadoo somthing
spent alot of time growing up on the classic wave venture family owned and im not ashamed it was cool in 96 ok....along w/ my glow in the dark sunglasses....
owned
1300r (still own it nice for long trips at 71.2mph)
96 blaster (my baby)
maybe a 07 sj in spring if work picks up but id really like a boat to drink on....

surfjetlouie

R.I.P. 11/27/2008
1982 I tried a 440. then few week later right before Christmas I found one 440 at a garage sale for $400 in mint condition then got my self on a trade for for my motocross a 550 sold the 440 got few 550 I even got a wavejammer in 89 till 1992 I purchased a new 500 yam for the wife to go ride with me. well in the divorce I got the ski and my daughter and was happy with that.

Shanex-2

funtion before style
93 kawi x-2 for 700$ but didn't keep it because the guy who sold it couldn't come up with a title so I took it back. two weeks later got my 87 kawi X-2 for 300$ and have been modifing it ever since. My latest setup is a 95 ss750 small pin motor with dual 44 carbs high comp westcoast head and coffman pipe.:Banane25:sorry don't have pictures yet to busy modifing.:naughty:

sxi steve

Life's short, have fun.
I vacationed in Newport Beach California in 1988, and rode my cousins jetskiis, and thought, holy crap that was awesome. So I went back to Michigan and sold my 19' Sea Ray boat and purchased a brand new 1987 Kawasaki 650SX from a Dealer. Went through a few other jetskiis since. Currently own a '99 Kaw 750SXI/Pro. Great sport, I love the water!

:cool:

iptamenos

Flipping Around !!!
Was a superjet 1993 650cc with riva dry pipe,scoop riva ,plate riva ,skat trak imp.i was try 8 days to ride it in stand up position

'87 WaveJammer, I built it in '05. I still love the Jammer. Great ski IMO just no power, I kinda wish I would of commited to building a 701 super Jammer w/ a 144mm pump instead of building a SquareNose. I learned to ride the surf on a Jammer. Good times.

No clue what year it was but a friend had a 300 single cylinder with a Mariner pipe on it. What a dog. We'd stuff it in the back of my VW Rabbit and rode the **** out of it all day. Got me hooked though and bought my own 1990 650SX in about 1993. Put the GroupK Sleeper kit on it and rode it until around 1997. Sold it, bought a house, had kids, you know the story. Now shopping for a newer RN. Cant wait to get back out there!

Last edited:

CUKE

BIGGER..STRONGER..FASTER
I started on a 82 js550 still own it to this day

Top Bottom